British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canniversary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/)
-   -   Desmond is three (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/desmond-three-596279/)

Butch Cassidy Mar 9th 2009 2:14 am

Desmond is three

Hi, the dog can claim to be a Canadian Resident for three years today.
He thanks you all for your good wishes.
:thumbsup:

burton bunch Mar 9th 2009 6:08 am

Re: Desmond is three

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy (Post 7358289)
Hi, the dog can claim to be a Canadian Resident for three years today.
He thanks you all for your good wishes.
:thumbsup:

Congrats to Dessie :thumbsup:

Tangram Mar 9th 2009 10:32 am

Can he now go for citizenship ?

Butch Cassidy Mar 9th 2009 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Tangram (Post 7359323)
Can he now go for citizenship ?

Well he can bark the national anthem, watches hockey and lacrosse, cant coordinate colours and eats poutine. Does he REALLY need to apply for citizenship to be any more of a 'canadian'?

mandymoochops Mar 9th 2009 2:31 pm

Awww you'll have to get him a maple leaf hat like Bananahammocks!!!!!

Butch Cassidy Mar 9th 2009 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 7360082)
Awww you'll have to get him a maple leaf hat like Bananahammocks!!!!!

Ah yes now comes the REALLY embarrassing bit,

The last time he went to be groomed they sent him home with a maple leaf Bandana :o

Steve_P Mar 9th 2009 2:48 pm

Congratulations to Des and by extension you and MRs_BC too. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Butch Cassidy Mar 9th 2009 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_P (Post 7360130)
Congratulations to Des and by extension you and MRs_BC too. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for that Steve BUT I have to wait till at the least 13th to claim my 3 years.

Steve_P Mar 9th 2009 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy (Post 7360151)
Thanks for that Steve BUT I have to wait till at the least 13th to claim my 3 years.

Oops :o Oh well just remember on the 13th I was the first to congratulate you. ;)

You mean to tell me the the poor lad arrived four days prior to you?

How could you do that to him? Leave him in some warehouse in Toronto of all places (wasn't it?) for four long days before you came over to rescue him.

Shame on you BC. :sneaky:

mandymoochops Mar 9th 2009 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_P (Post 7360173)
Oops :o Oh well just remember on the 13th I was the first to congratulate you. ;)

How could you do that to him? Leave him in some warehouse in Toronto of all places (wasn't it?) for four long days before you came over to rescue him.

I thought that too Steve - poor Des, alone - cold and frightened whilst BC is living it up sipping champers and enjoying going away parties :mad:

Butch Cassidy Mar 9th 2009 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_P (Post 7360173)

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 7360224)
I thought that too Steve - poor Des, alone - cold and frightened whilst BC is living it up sipping champers and enjoying going away parties :mad:

NO NO NO, He was allowed to land at TO when we flew over on the 8th from Gatwick. I on the other hand had to wait till I crossed back into Canada on the 13th (We drove from TO to Calgary via the US and Sask). SO the wee fella was not left alone anywhere, instead he had a roadtrip thru the northern states.

Steve_P Mar 9th 2009 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy (Post 7361453)
NO NO NO, He was allowed to land at TO when we flew over on the 8th from Gatwick. I on the other hand had to wait till I crossed back into Canada on the 13th (We drove from TO to Calgary via the US and Sask). SO the wee fella was not left alone anywhere, instead he had a roadtrip thru the northern states.

I'll believe you thousands wouldn't.

You're forgiven...sort of. :p

mandymoochops Mar 9th 2009 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_P (Post 7361565)
I'll believe you thousands wouldn't.

You're forgiven...sort of. :p

So to keep this thread back on track - how have you and the rest of the Cassidy family adjusted to the Canadian way of life over the last 3 years. Observations? Things you wished you'd done differently? Would ya do it all again? :huh:

Steve_P Mar 9th 2009 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 7361609)
So to keep this thread back on track - how have you and the rest of the Cassidy family adjusted to the Canadian way of life over the last 3 years. Observations? Things you wished you'd done differently? Would ya do it all again? :huh:

Uh I am no relation to the Cassidy family, but I've adapted quite well over the almost 46 I've been here. :p:D:rofl::rofl:

Wouldn't have changed a thing...well I sort of wish I had a different heart but that's another story.:p

mandymoochops Mar 10th 2009 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Steve_P (Post 7361621)
Uh I am no relation to the Cassidy family, but I've adapted quite well over the almost 46 I've been here. :p:D:rofl::rofl:

Wouldn't have changed a thing...well I sort of wish I had a different heart but that's another story.:p

I know you're not related you donut :) was trying to steer Butch on the right track - I think thats an impossibility though :blink:

Steve hun - whatever will be will be - you'll be here for a very long time yet ;)