7 years

Old Sep 1st 2021, 5:03 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default 7 years

If anyone was to tell me on 1st September 2014 that 7 years later this is where I would be at, I would not have believed them.

I believe every year I have updated on my progress and have been on this forum since before coming out here on the IEC

This year has truly been something as we moved out of downtown Vancouver to Surrey/Langley border (a decision I do not regret one bit) and purchased our townhome (my first owned home).

The big news is we welcomed our daughter Eleanor Ann (although we call her Ellie right now) on July 8 this year, she was tiny when born (5lb 12 oz) but she is growing fast.

Being a parent is still very very new and there are good times and bad times. We both struggled with the compete lifestyle change and obviously the lack of sleep. I have also been overwhelmed with the amount of conflicting parenting info there is out there - just trying to what seems best for her and for us.

Here’s to another year
Old Sep 1st 2021, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 years

Congrats.
Old Sep 1st 2021, 10:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
If anyone was to tell me on 1st September 2014 that 7 years later this is where I would be at, I would not have believed them.

I believe every year I have updated on my progress and have been on this forum since before coming out here on the IEC

This year has truly been something as we moved out of downtown Vancouver to Surrey/Langley border (a decision I do not regret one bit) and purchased our townhome (my first owned home).

The big news is we welcomed our daughter Eleanor Ann (although we call her Ellie right now) on July 8 this year, she was tiny when born (5lb 12 oz) but she is growing fast.

Being a parent is still very very new and there are good times and bad times. We both struggled with the compete lifestyle change and obviously the lack of sleep. I have also been overwhelmed with the amount of conflicting parenting info there is out there - just trying to what seems best for her and for us.

Here’s to another year
Congratulations and a big congratulations on the birth of your daughter. My daughter also weighed 5 lb 12 oz…actually it was 12 1/2 ozs. I can imagine will all the information available now it is very overwhelming. A mum’s instinct is best.
Old Sep 1st 2021, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations .................. for the 7 years, for the new house, and especially for your new daughter.

Yes, it is a complete life style change when you have a baby, and while they are small. No staying out late!!

As for advice .............. you are doing it right. If it works for you and for her, then continue to do it.

But one piece of advice I would give you is something I read recently.

Forget the housework, forget trying to be the perfect wife, just take all the time you need for the baby AND for you. If you try to keep the house clean "while she's asleep", take my word, you will be like a wet dishrag when she wakes up! Take that time for you ............... need a nap, need a warm/hot lazy bath, need a quiet time to read or write letters. Do that! If someone offers to do cook dinner for you, accept with gratitude!
Old Sep 2nd 2021, 2:49 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly

But one piece of advice I would give you is something I read recently.

Forget the housework, forget trying to be the perfect wife, just take all the time you need for the baby AND for you. If you try to keep the house clean "while she's asleep", take my word, you will be like a wet dishrag when she wakes up! Take that time for you ............... need a nap, need a warm/hot lazy bath, need a quiet time to read or write letters. Do that! If someone offers to do cook dinner for you, accept with gratitude!
See that’s the issue, I have to keep on top of the house - laundry, tidying up etc. I’m just very very particular about that and leaving it too long gives me anxiety - I agree I shouldn’t be.

I should be taking more time for myself and I wish I could be better napping during the day. I do try and do some crafting when she is asleep but it is rare right now - maybe as time goes on I’ll get better with the self-care
Old Sep 2nd 2021, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Becki ................... please do try!

You'll enjoy the little one so much more if you can make yourself take it easy. They grow so fast, it's almost unbelievable!

Could you afford to pay some one to come in for a couple of hours??

I have to say that I was forced to take it easy as I had a caesarean in the old days when you were in hospital for 10 days. But I found it hard to accept that I had had what really was quite major, and would find myself doing something that was too heavy or too much for me, and then I would HAVE to lie down.

Like you, we were alone here, my parents were both dead by that time, and there was no way either of us wanted his mother to come over. I was lucky ......... he was able and willing to do some housework and make some meals.

But I know how hard it was for me.