7 years

Old Jun 10th 2014, 3:24 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 years

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
What a fantastic blog! Really enjoyed it. Funny to see some of the old London stuff that just used to be - just - there!!
Rivington, I'm not really a blog reader, but your comments made me go to Ann M's blog....really great, most enjoyable thank you.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Aw, thanks guys - I really don't have much time these days to update it, so it has fallen by the wayside a little. My hope is to keep it going if I can - and I still use it as my own "weather guide" just to see if it really was that hot/cold/wet/freezing this time last year/two years ago/four years ago!
Old Jun 11th 2014, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
I'm not sure I'd go quite that far, the problem I find with it is that it robs me of a lot of spontaneity, because you have to plan everything. And when you do new things, you're not quite sure what is going to happen to your blood sugar.

I found when I was younger it was easier to control as well.

Here's a good example - had lunch the other day, so had regular dose of insulin. In the afternoon, car got a flat tire, so this was exertion I was not expecting, had to crank up the car, undo the nuts, change wheel, etc. And by the time I got home my blood sugar was really seriously low and I'd already eaten more food because I knew that was going to happen.

The trick I think is to get into a routine so it's easier to control the variables.

It does have the benefit of forcing you to think things through because there's only so many times you want to come to in the back of an ambulance.

It also has the benefit of stopping you from getting fat, because you can't binge on food, although I read that it is possible to have type 1 and 2 diabetes.
I agree that it limits spontaneity but, these days, I don't suddenly get the urge to run 10 kms

I always ensure that I carry glucose sweets with me to avoid situations like your tyre issue. My biggest issue is attending Court. One never knows whether the hearing will take 10 mins or 5 hours and, for that reason, if I am in Court I simply run high for the duration and inject myself appropriately once I've returned to the office.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

jossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond repute

My son forwarded this to me yesterday. Some interesting reading.

Drug that could 'reset' immune system of diabetes sufferers | Mail Online
Old Jun 25th 2014, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. V interesting.