6 years Strong

Old Mar 19th 2014, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

MapleJack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 6 years Strong

Only seems like yesterday since I was leaving Manchester airport, watching P.S. I Love You on the plane and crying the whole way to Vancouver.
Leaving England at 20, It's crazy to think that I've spent my "adult" life so far in Canada. But after going back to Lincolnshire at Christmas I know I made the right decision in staying.
I think the hardest thing is finding friends that you can have a connection with.
Canadians as nice as they are don't really have the same sense of humour.
Funnily enough though my closet friend here in the lower mainland is French Canadian! Who'd of thought, the British and the French being buddies?!
Old Mar 24th 2014, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Zhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 6 years Strong

Congratulations MapleJack! 6 years is a long time, especially in your twenties. I feel it's one of the best things a young person can do - travel and move to a foreign land - whether permanently or just for a while. The wealth of experience is great! I was 23 when I left home (never to come back other than for a couple of short visits in nearly 20 years), and I've loved every moment of my big adventure so far... and it still feels like one! Well done and best wishes for your future
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:22 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zhanna
Congratulations MapleJack! 6 years is a long time, especially in your twenties. I feel it's one of the best things a young person can do - travel and move to a foreign land - whether permanently or just for a while. The wealth of experience is great! I was 23 when I left home (never to come back other than for a couple of short visits in nearly 20 years), and I've loved every moment of my big adventure so far... and it still feels like one! Well done and best wishes for your future
Maple jack welcome to BE and very warmest congratulations on your 6th Canniversary!

Zhanna I cannot but agree with your sentiments, and although I love my son to the enth of his socks I certainly hope that he will have the spirit of adventure and get up and go, to go and find true independence and see a larger slice of life that travel enables.

Last edited by MillieF; Mar 29th 2014 at 10:26 am. Reason: Typo
Old Mar 29th 2014, 1:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MapleJack
Funnily enough though my closet friend here in the lower mainland is French Canadian!
Does he know you 'outed' him?