5yrs Today!

Old Aug 29th 2013, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

KAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really nice
Default 5yrs Today!

5yrs ago today we flew into Calgary, upgraded our economy car to a Mustang GT and drove off into the sunset. LOL well thats how I look back on it now, forget about all the stress and upheaval of actually getting here.

It's been a great 5yrs full of ups and downs. On my 4th job here and still not what I'm looking for but I'll keep searching and I'm sure I'll find my 'forever' job eventually.
Hardest part is hearing that loved ones have passed on and not being there. Easiest part is waking up in the morning and knowing that you're living in a beautiful part of the world that you picked and made happen.

Don't get me wrong i love England, my birthplace and home to family and friends and yes another beautiful part of the world but not for us.

Love my house (been in it 4yrs), OH loves his new RAM 1500. Child happy with school and her friends. Airdrie is a great place to live, Calgary a great place to work and visit.

Next on the list Citizenship! mmmmmm maybe I'll wait until they stop this silly idea that I should take an English test to prove that I'm proficient in English, (been doing since I could read and write)

Here's to the next 5beers (oops meant yrs)

Karen
Old Aug 29th 2013, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 5yrs Today!

Originally Posted by KAT16
5yrs ago today we flew into Calgary, upgraded our economy car to a Mustang GT and drove off into the sunset. LOL well thats how I look back on it now, forget about all the stress and upheaval of actually getting here.

It's been a great 5yrs full of ups and downs. On my 4th job here and still not what I'm looking for but I'll keep searching and I'm sure I'll find my 'forever' job eventually.
Hardest part is hearing that loved ones have passed on and not being there. Easiest part is waking up in the morning and knowing that you're living in a beautiful part of the world that you picked and made happen.

Don't get me wrong i love England, my birthplace and home to family and friends and yes another beautiful part of the world but not for us.

Love my house (been in it 4yrs), OH loves his new RAM 1500. Child happy with school and her friends. Airdrie is a great place to live, Calgary a great place to work and visit.

Next on the list Citizenship! mmmmmm maybe I'll wait until they stop this silly idea that I should take an English test to prove that I'm proficient in English, (been doing since I could read and write)

Here's to the next 5beers (oops meant yrs)

Karen
Great to read your update on life here and that its worked out for you!
Old Aug 29th 2013, 7:56 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5yrs Today!

Congratulations!!! Great update!