British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canniversary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/)
-   -   53 yrs now (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/53-yrs-now-680193/)

Largo Aug 7th 2010 7:24 pm

53 yrs now

:)
It is now officially 53 yrs, as of Aug 1st., and as of Aug 6 th. the 53rd anniversary of arriving at my first home in Canada
Didn't know whethrt this should be a new thread or a continuation of the 52 yr. thread.
Anyway, I have just scanned some of my 1957 pics. ( leaving UK ) onto my computer. I know how to email them, but not sure how to transfer them to BE. I will experiment and hopefully will have some success. If not, I will ask for help, unless anyone can point me in the right direction before then. :fingerscrossed:

CanadaJimmy Aug 8th 2010 5:40 am

Re: 53 yrs now

That would be fascinating to see! When you make a new reply, you can scroll down and click "Manage Attachments". You might have to use something like Irfanview to convert your images to jpg and shrink them down so they're small enough to upload.

Anyway congrats on your time in Canada :)

pontcanna Aug 9th 2010 5:28 am

Create an account at:

http://photobucket.com/

Upload the photo using the easy instructions and then copy the "image" link and post it here. It will show up for our enjoyment :)

NomadicJ Aug 9th 2010 3:01 pm

Hey Largo,

Please do post the photo's if you can. For all those of us who are trying to follow in your footsteps, it would be fascinating.

Congrats! I suppose you're a bit past that now though. :D

iaink Aug 9th 2010 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Largo (Post 8759968)
:)
It is now officially 53 yrs, as of Aug 1st., and as of Aug 6 th. the 53rd anniversary of arriving at my first home in Canada
Didn't know whethrt this should be a new thread or a continuation of the 52 yr. thread.
Anyway, I have just scanned some of my 1957 pics. ( leaving UK ) onto my computer. I know how to email them, but not sure how to transfer them to BE. I will experiment and hopefully will have some success. If not, I will ask for help, unless anyone can point me in the right direction before then. :fingerscrossed:

Congratulations:)

Go to the photogallery
http://britishexpats.com/photopost/

click on "My Gallery"

Then you can upload pictures there by selecting "upload photo" and choosing the file locations. You can then put them in sub folders like the "Canada" pictures in the "around the world" area. A few people have made the mistake of posting them to the "meet up" area instead.

Photobucket or Flikr works well too if you want to create an account, it has the advantage of being able to mass upload picture. The disadvantage is they wont be as easy for users here to stumble upon.

Its a good idea to resize picture not to large, then if you embed them in a post using the insert image button its not totaly huge. Not sure the gallery here does that automatically, but photobucket or Flikr will.
:thumbup:

Largo Aug 10th 2010 10:01 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I am not intending to do a lot of picture sharing . I read up on what to do from the
Picasa help line and here goes. If this does not work I will try again. Having trouble Windows kept ' not responding' I think I may have it now.

If this has worked I will send more later. Yes, it really was that dark, sombre, and just beginning to rain.

JonboyE Aug 11th 2010 12:43 am

It's not the leaving of Liverpool that grieves me ...

Largo Aug 11th 2010 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by JonboyE (Post 8767844)
It's not the leaving of Liverpool that grieves me ...

Nice touch!

But my darling when I think of thee

Don't remember the captain's name --- doubt that it would be Burgess though.:)

iaink Aug 11th 2010 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Largo (Post 8767535)
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I am not intending to do a lot of picture sharing . I read up on what to do from the
Picasa help line and here goes. If this does not work I will try again. Having trouble Windows kept ' not responding' I think I may have it now.

If this has worked I will send more later. Yes, it really was that dark, sombre, and just beginning to rain.

Cool, My mum used to work in the Cunard building on the Right there:thumbup:

The Broady's Aug 11th 2010 6:59 pm

Great photo - congrats!!:)

Tangram Aug 16th 2010 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by iaink (Post 8769507)
Cool, My mum used to work in the Cunard building on the Right there:thumbup:

My dad did too.

Neidpath Aug 17th 2010 10:33 pm

What a great photo! Congrats on 53 years.

Flyingscottie Jan 2nd 2011 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Largo (Post 8767535)

Wow - great pic, can we have some more?

Beats the industrial areas that most airports are found in.... :D

Simon Legree Jan 2nd 2011 7:16 pm

Congratulations and best wishes for many more happy years.

Largo Jan 5th 2011 4:17 am

hopefully, will be able to send more pics. in a while. Recently relocated to BC. Everything happened very quickly. Will explain later.

Happy New Year Everyone.

Largo l