53 yrs now

Old Aug 7th 2010, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute
Default 53 yrs now

It is now officially 53 yrs, as of Aug 1st., and as of Aug 6 th. the 53rd anniversary of arriving at my first home in Canada
Didn't know whethrt this should be a new thread or a continuation of the 52 yr. thread.
Anyway, I have just scanned some of my 1957 pics. ( leaving UK ) onto my computer. I know how to email them, but not sure how to transfer them to BE. I will experiment and hopefully will have some success. If not, I will ask for help, unless anyone can point me in the right direction before then.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 53 yrs now

That would be fascinating to see! When you make a new reply, you can scroll down and click "Manage Attachments". You might have to use something like Irfanview to convert your images to jpg and shrink them down so they're small enough to upload.

Anyway congrats on your time in Canada
Old Aug 9th 2010, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

pontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond repute

Create an account at:

http://photobucket.com/

Upload the photo using the easy instructions and then copy the "image" link and post it here. It will show up for our enjoyment
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

NomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really nice

Hey Largo,

Please do post the photo's if you can. For all those of us who are trying to follow in your footsteps, it would be fascinating.

Congrats! I suppose you're a bit past that now though.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:42 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Largo

It is now officially 53 yrs, as of Aug 1st., and as of Aug 6 th. the 53rd anniversary of arriving at my first home in Canada
Didn't know whethrt this should be a new thread or a continuation of the 52 yr. thread.
Anyway, I have just scanned some of my 1957 pics. ( leaving UK ) onto my computer. I know how to email them, but not sure how to transfer them to BE. I will experiment and hopefully will have some success. If not, I will ask for help, unless anyone can point me in the right direction before then.
Congratulations

Go to the photogallery
http://britishexpats.com/photopost/

click on "My Gallery"

Then you can upload pictures there by selecting "upload photo" and choosing the file locations. You can then put them in sub folders like the "Canada" pictures in the "around the world" area. A few people have made the mistake of posting them to the "meet up" area instead.

Photobucket or Flikr works well too if you want to create an account, it has the advantage of being able to mass upload picture. The disadvantage is they wont be as easy for users here to stumble upon.

Its a good idea to resize picture not to large, then if you embed them in a post using the insert image button its not totaly huge. Not sure the gallery here does that automatically, but photobucket or Flikr will.

Last edited by iaink; Aug 9th 2010 at 3:47 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I am not intending to do a lot of picture sharing . I read up on what to do from the
Picasa help line and here goes. If this does not work I will try again. Having trouble Windows kept ' not responding' I think I may have it now.

If this has worked I will send more later. Yes, it really was that dark, sombre, and just beginning to rain.
Attached Thumbnails 53 yrs now-1957.jpg  

Last edited by Largo; Aug 10th 2010 at 10:04 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:43 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

It's not the leaving of Liverpool that grieves me ...
Old Aug 11th 2010, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JonboyE
It's not the leaving of Liverpool that grieves me ...
Nice touch!

But my darling when I think of thee

Don't remember the captain's name --- doubt that it would be Burgess though.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 3:42 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I am not intending to do a lot of picture sharing . I read up on what to do from the
Picasa help line and here goes. If this does not work I will try again. Having trouble Windows kept ' not responding' I think I may have it now.

If this has worked I will send more later. Yes, it really was that dark, sombre, and just beginning to rain.
Cool, My mum used to work in the Cunard building on the Right there
Old Aug 11th 2010, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

The Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really nice

Great photo - congrats!!
Old Aug 16th 2010, 3:05 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Cool, My mum used to work in the Cunard building on the Right there
My dad did too.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

Neidpath is an unknown quantity at this point

What a great photo! Congrats on 53 years.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice

Wow - great pic, can we have some more?

Beats the industrial areas that most airports are found in....
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:16 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and best wishes for many more happy years.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

hopefully, will be able to send more pics. in a while. Recently relocated to BC. Everything happened very quickly. Will explain later.

Happy New Year Everyone.

Largo l

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.