3 years done :-)

Old Oct 28th 2013, 12:14 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default 3 years done :-)

We have arrived at our third anniversary...where has the time gone. We were 2007 SWV that landed in 2010.

The last year has had a few (nice) developments for us.

I am with same company (since 2011) and have taken promotion just lately to lead my team. The job keeps me busy and I spent 3 months in last year in Asia. My wife has moved on from retail work to office work.

We finally sold our UK house. That was a long and drawn out process due to an incompetence on the buyer side. It was eventually resolved and then we thought we would take our time to buy here. That didn't last when we walked into a nice house in Carp......been in the house for 2 months. We are getting use to living on a well and septic. We had to replace septic so know the issues (and price tag) that comes with that but thankfully it was known at negotiation time. Also got a pool and hot tub which is great....learning to maintain pool for last few weeks of use was fun, next year we are turning the shed next to pool in a pool house. We got it wired with electricity already.

We have 48 days of visitors planned for next year already planned and we cant wait as it includes 38 days of the nephews...

To those looking to move here....keep your chin up, it will be worth it in the end.

Cheers

JB0591

Last edited by JB0591; Oct 28th 2013 at 1:08 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 3 years done :-)

Congrats, seems our experiences are quite similar.

We've been 'in Ottawa' 3 and a half years. This year I also got promoted, and this year we moved out to an acre in the countryside (Almonte).

Got a pool, but no hot tub.

Oh and I just realised, I have that very same pic of the London bus hanging in my living room...

Spooky.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Vwera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 3 years done :-)

Congrats on three years canniversary. Wishing you many more fun years! Keep smiling