3 Years

Old Feb 5th 2011, 3:28 am
Banned

NorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really nice
Default 3 Years

I'll have been here 3 years this month, wow time flies
Old Feb 5th 2011, 3:09 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Years

Congrats!!! and how are things going? Any do's and don'ts you'd like to share. Or maybe something that you weren't expecting or prepared for? It's always great to share these kind of things for others yet to make the move to read.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:49 pm
Banned

NorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really niceNorfolkNumpty is just really nice

Where to start! We moved for work, did the TWP myself (internal transfer) and the PR app myself and would definitely recommend doing it yourself if your situation is simple. I know people who have used lawyers and have got in a big mess and its taken much longer than ours did. Do your research, do your research and do it again. Don't come here thinking that changing countries will solve all your problems and expect some homesickness. When you make the move one of the biggest piece's of advice I can give is not to dwell on what you have left behind in the UK or things you cannot get here. Embrace the differences, experience them don't fear them.

There is so much more but it will probably just come out as a stream of consciousness so I'll stop.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:28 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorfolkNumpty
When you make the move one of the biggest piece's of advice I can give is not to dwell on what you have left behind in the UK or things you cannot get here. Embrace the differences, experience them don't fear them.
That sounds like great advice. So pleased that things are going well for you.