2 weeks today

Old Jul 28th 2009, 1:00 am
Just Joined

esso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 weeks today

Originally Posted by albertabound
I arrived with my son on 26th June feeling qite elated.
This 2 weeks has been quite wierd. I have not experienced that "honeymoon feeling" that I was probably foolishly, expecting. The first few days I cried a lot for the people I had left behind.
It is great to be back with my husband and just for that I wouldnt want to be back in the UK.
When I saw our rental house for the first time, I almost cried. It is quite a come down to what we have back in the UK.
Things really are far away as in shops etc. I cant just nip to corner shop etc.
Anyway, now just a fortnight later I am feeling much better. I have even applied for a couple of jobs. I look forward to the 15 minute walk to the Mall and even enjoy looking around garage sales although I have yet to make a purchase.
I realise that I am not quite there yet. I know that it is a long road and the tears will still flow whenever.
My 19 year old son has just applied for a work permit that we thought he was not entitled to and I am thinking about joining an amateur dramatics company, even to just paint sets etc.
I have not made friends with anyone yet but do think that it will happen eventually. The battleship grey walls in our rental now seem to have a bit of a lilac hue lol.
I am beginning to feel that it is home because to me that is wherever we, as a family are together. Sorry for the ramble.
Tina
Hi I and my Wife have been in Alberta for 3 years come this October now and are residence.We felt a bit like yourself at first but now we want to move to red deer. Could you let me know if there are any jobs for a class one driver's the wife and I are going to come to red deer soon to look it over,and check out the schools for the children. I am working in the oil patch which is a bit up and down and am looking for a driving job with a bit more regular hours. The company I am working for pay good money but they have a high turn over of staff and I am wanting a bit more security. You should keep your head up as things will get better that I do know
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Jukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 weeks today

I hope you are feeling more settled now These things take time and we sometimes set ourselves unrealistic goals of when things should happen particularly around our feeling and emotions....be kind to yourself