Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

2 and a bit years.. With a twist :)

2 and a bit years.. With a twist :)

Old Jan 24th 2015, 4:06 pm
Collector of Junk!

missieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud of
Default 2 and a bit years.. With a twist :)

I forgot to check in for our two year anniversary, because we left Canada two years to the day we arrived well the hubby was homesick, so we put the house on the market in October (me thinking I had till at least next May to coax him around) and the darn thing sold in a week! So there I was, shell shocked and no way back! We brought over a sea can when we came, and shipped home 4 cubic meters! I sold all our furniture, belongings, everything apart from sentimental stuff, and really when I opened it up this side I thought wth did I pack that for!!! We arrived back home late November, and today, the end ish of January, we are going back! Thank God we got our PR! And not only are we going back, but we are going back to the same town.. I feel like I could scream a little but sure what's the point. I'm glad to be going back to buy a nice house, drive a nice truck, have my kids back into their activities, not worry about where the next pay cheque is coming from. Nothing has changed in Europe as far as I can see, a shower of back biting savages run our countries, taxes and life style do NOT match, and to be honest you would need to tie down stuff or it would be stolen! So... thanks Canada for having us, and a bigger thanks for having us back
Old Jan 25th 2015, 11:45 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 and a bit years.. With a twist :)

Not sure if it's just me, but I'm slightly confused as to which way you're going and why
Old Jan 26th 2015, 12:37 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

She's coming back here

Was it you MissieLeah who moved to the Mennonite town?
Old Jan 26th 2015, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's a bit of a roller coaster ride, you must all feel like ping pong balls. So is hubby happy to be moving back to Canada?
Old Jan 27th 2015, 2:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

So in three months - house on the market, sold, moved back to the UK, decided to return to Canada.

Hubby not homesick anymore?
Old Jan 27th 2015, 4:22 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! What a story. Are you all happy to be coming back? What changed all your minds again? Must have cost you a fortune to hop back and forth. Are you going to have to buy all furniture again too?
Old Jan 29th 2015, 11:54 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

What about the sausages?
Old Jan 30th 2015, 3:11 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
What about the sausages?
Yeah that would make me move back to Canada.
Old Jan 31st 2015, 4:07 am
Gained PR July 2014

lindamchugh is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok I want to hear this full story missieleah please continue.....
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

xxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nice

Ha Ha Ha. Not laughing at your misery. I'm empathizing. I've done this like five times now and are thinking about doing it again. The only thing is I think the UK is crap but I can deal with it. I have the same opinion of Canada. It's crap but I can deal with it.