1st week done!!

Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:08 am
Banned

wonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nicewonderfulperson is just really nice
Default Re: 1st week done!!

Originally Posted by Portsmouthcouple
Is it normal to feel homesick within your first week? Still waiting for my wife to arrive, but i have gone through a rollercoaster of emotions, not what i was expecting.
I admit I did not feel very homesick on moving here, more excitement and adventurous than anything.. I was a bit disappointed I had to start work pretty much straight away as I wanted fun first and had Canadian friend ready to meet me and show me around and helped me settle in from the word go who I interacted with via a sports forum, and went climbing during the first week here too.

But I have lived away from home long before the time I moved here, as I went to boarding school, and come from a Royal Air Force and Nato background and I too was in the RAF, so moving and settling into a new place is more of a fun adventure to me.

Course ongoing I have missed aspects of UK life and culture, but it helps we get BBC Canada here with our UK channels I like such as Top gear etc, and other English films and programs on other channels. I don't feel so cut off, and as time goes on I miss the UK less and less.

Hope that helps. It is very friendly over here too. You get the bad and good but on the whole I find it quite friendly.