1 Year!

Old Aug 23rd 2019, 1:06 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Mattc24's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Posts: 69
Mattc24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1 Year!

Just recently hit one year since we arrived in Canada! I got so much help via this community during our PR application process. It has been a busy year for sure, securing jobs, buying a home, settling the kids into school etc.

Vancouver Island is an amazing place to live. We're very lucky!

Matt.
Mattc24 is offline  
Old Aug 27th 2019, 6:22 am
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
CanadaJimmy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 1,962
CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Year!

Originally Posted by Mattc24
Just recently hit one year since we arrived in Canada! I got so much help via this community during our PR application process. It has been a busy year for sure, securing jobs, buying a home, settling the kids into school etc.

Vancouver Island is an amazing place to live. We're very lucky!

Matt.
Congratulations! Also nice profile picture, I've been to that place in Victoria as well!
CanadaJimmy is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2019, 6:25 am
  #3  
Moving to Mississauga!
 
Joined: Sep 2016
Location: Hertfordshire - soon to be Mississauga!
Posts: 112
ScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Year!

Nice one. Happy Canniversary!
ScotinCanada is offline  
Old Sep 20th 2019, 4:25 pm
  #4  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Year!

Congrats on the 1st year - some say the hardest one of all!

Would love to hear how you are settling in - how you like Van Island etc., it's always good to hear different perspectives and details of the journey.. good and bad!

Here's to many more years of happy times in BC for you all!

Siouxie is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2019, 2:24 pm
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 3,874
scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Year!

Happy 1st Anniversary
scilly is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2020, 1:26 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Mattc24's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Posts: 69
Mattc24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1 Year!

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Congrats on the 1st year - some say the hardest one of all!

Would love to hear how you are settling in - how you like Van Island etc., it's always good to hear different perspectives and details of the journey.. good and bad!

Here's to many more years of happy times in BC for you all!

So we've just passed our two year 'Canniversay' and have logged in and only just seen this reply to my previous post a year ago Sorry!

Well after two years we have settled in Ok, we actually did things quite quickly after moving here and within 6 months were both working, had gotten a mortgage and moved into a house, even had a dog! This year i have moved on from my job and now own my own business which is doing ok despite covid! The kids settled into school ok but the actual school district here is a waste of space.

We love the island. I had visited several times before moving here as its where my wife is originally from. We live in Nanaimo which is not quite midway up the island from Victoria. Its a great location for the mountains, trails, ocean and transport links such as ferries and sea planes. I also think its well located for access to other parts of the Island, we are 1.5 hours from Victoria, (not that i enjoy going there) an hour from Mount Washington and 2/3 hours from the west coast. The homeless situation is not great though, they are everywhere around town.

So far so good i reckon!

Matt.
Mattc24 is offline  
Old Sep 20th 2020, 1:36 pm
  #7  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Year!

Originally Posted by Mattc24
So we've just passed our two year 'Canniversay' and have logged in and only just seen this reply to my previous post a year ago Sorry!

Well after two years we have settled in Ok, we actually did things quite quickly after moving here and within 6 months were both working, had gotten a mortgage and moved into a house, even had a dog! This year i have moved on from my job and now own my own business which is doing ok despite covid! The kids settled into school ok but the actual school district here is a waste of space.

We love the island. I had visited several times before moving here as its where my wife is originally from. We live in Nanaimo which is not quite midway up the island from Victoria. Its a great location for the mountains, trails, ocean and transport links such as ferries and sea planes. I also think its well located for access to other parts of the Island, we are 1.5 hours from Victoria, (not that i enjoy going there) an hour from Mount Washington and 2/3 hours from the west coast. The homeless situation is not great though, they are everywhere around town.

So far so good i reckon!

Matt.
Congrats on your 2nd Canniversary!
Living the island life sounds like it's worked well for you!
Siouxie is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.