Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

ZoomFly or CanadianAffair airlines?

ZoomFly or CanadianAffair airlines?

Old May 18th 2005, 7:42 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ZoomFly or CanadianAffair airlines?

Originally Posted by g_is_for_canada
OK, I'm convinced it's worth the saving with Canadian Affair. It's £139 extra for premium both ways. What extra do you get exactly apart from extra leg room? Is Standard class bearrable?
I felt cramped in standard class, widthwise rather than legroom, and I'm really not all that large!!

The other things that upgrade gives you include shorter check-in time at a dedicated desk, so you avoid those long lines around the concourse at Gatwick!!

and double the baggage allowance ..... useful if you're emigrating.

edit: I truly didn't enjoy our flight out as I was hopping mad with them for altering the day and time of our flight at 2 weeks notice, and not giving us our prepaid chosen seats so they spilt the family up. They'd prmised us free upgrade as compensation, and this didn't materialise. I was not a happy bunny and after that anything that was even slightly wrong became a major irritaion, so maybe I did get a bit hyper-critical! Thye did give us an upgrade to our car which actually proved necessary for the volume of luggage we had, and they did give us some monetary compensation after a letter of complaint on our return.
I did vow not to travel with them again, but I am unbending gradually

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; May 18th 2005 at 7:49 am.
Old May 18th 2005, 9:36 am
Just Joined

vicky n jim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Anyone know if Air Transat take dogs??? I 've tried to get through but the line's busy!!

Zoom do take dogs I know, but am I right in thinking Canadian Affair do not?

We are travelling air transat and taking our cats in June , so should be no problem with dogs
Old May 18th 2005, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

We usually Fly Air Canada....But this time have opted for the cheaper option, by goig with Thomas cook (Canadianaffair). Summer is nearly upon us so we don't need that many clothes, so we've packed everything. Also a plane is a plane, and can't be bothered being ripped off by AC anymore.
Old May 18th 2005, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there!

I just wanted to add to this post as many others have helped me recently to find a flight for my daughter. She flew here yesterday with Zoom and she said it was not the greatest but it was cheap. She descirbed the plane as dirty and not as she expected. Could just be that she had a bad plane or it could be another air india! (If you ever used air india you will know what i mean).
I have friends that have had good deals with Canadianaffair and the planes were also very good.

just thought i would let you know!

Good luck!
Old May 18th 2005, 1:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyblue
Hi there!

I just wanted to add to this post as many others have helped me recently to find a flight for my daughter. She flew here yesterday with Zoom and she said it was not the greatest but it was cheap. She descirbed the plane as dirty and not as she expected. Could just be that she had a bad plane or it could be another air india! (If you ever used air india you will know what i mean).
I have friends that have had good deals with Canadianaffair and the planes were also very good.

just thought i would let you know!

Good luck!
I've flown Air India from London to NYC and I don't understand, I thought the flight to be well up to the standard of the competitors and I've flown on most of the airlines currently in business. If you want dirty and overcrowded, internal flights in asian countries are a good bet.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:07 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Frustratingly, I have so far been unable to speak to anyone who can confirm that it is the My Travel flights to Calgary with Canadian Affair DO carry dogs, and how much this might cost, and how I go about arranging it.

I have tried several numbers now, each with long waits and dialling options none of which fit! Two numbers I have been given have been "unobtainable!!!! Argggghhhhhh!

I am trying emails now and will update you as to my progress.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:59 pm

g_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud of

I felt cramped in standard class, widthwise rather than legroom, and I'm really not all that large!!

The other things that upgrade gives you include shorter check-in time at a dedicated desk, so you avoid those long lines around the concourse at Gatwick!!

and double the baggage allowance ..... useful if you're emigrating.

edit: I truly didn't enjoy our flight out as I was hopping mad with them for altering the day and time of our flight at 2 weeks notice, and not giving us our prepaid chosen seats so they spilt the family up. They'd prmised us free upgrade as compensation, and this didn't materialise. I was not a happy bunny and after that anything that was even slightly wrong became a major irritaion, so maybe I did get a bit hyper-critical! Thye did give us an upgrade to our car which actually proved necessary for the volume of luggage we had, and they did give us some monetary compensation after a letter of complaint on our return.
I did vow not to travel with them again, but I am unbending gradually
Certainly do get what you pay for. Still I find the upgrade a significant chunk of my budget for a short (length of )trip so I'll live with having only one buttock cheek in contact with the seat at a time. Thanks
Old May 18th 2005, 5:33 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Leg room is the same now (if with Thomas Cook flight), in cattle and premium, but seats are wider. Which is nice. The seats are "leather" but have seen better days. You get free head phones, a very small amenity bag, and a bottle of water. You get free drinks. Same food as cattle. Only have to check in 90mins before departure. Also priority baggage, but we have never got bags any quicker. You can take 30Kg of baggage each.
We like being at front of plane flight as it is quieter and seems smoother. The seast are wider so you have elbow room. Also I think there is about 30 seats in front so you get food first and rubbish cleared away quicker, and on Tc plane there is a toilet at front of plane that cattle cant use!

I am quite short and to be honest I dont mind being in cheap seats, I only have short legs! but husband is a big bruiser and likes arm and leg room. The cheap seats are fine.
I believe the plane they use on he East coast run has all leather seats, but not on Vancouver run. They are clean though.

YOu can also try and book extra leg room seats by exits for £7 or £25 each way , you have to phone through for these though, can 't book them on line. You book flight as normal then ring Can Affair and they will issue seat number if there are any and take payment with credit card. Get the seats, right behind the premium cabin they have lots of leg room and you can get up and walk around easily if you can.

OK, I'm convinced it's worth the saving with Canadian Affair. It's £139 extra for premium both ways. What extra do you get exactly apart from extra leg room? Is Standard class bearrable?
Old May 19th 2005, 10:39 am

g_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gooding
Get the seats, right behind the premium cabin they have lots of leg room and you can get up and walk around easily if you can.
How do I get these seats? They're marked in yellow and it says to phone, but when I did I was first told they're the premium seats. When I corrected the telephonist, she told me their medical seats. Assuming that you've got one of these, what kind of medical conditions do they accept.

I've been a long sufferer of a rare bone condition called boneidlitis, but I'm fairly sure that doesn't apply!
Old May 19th 2005, 11:02 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

They have never said that to us before. I think they will give them to parents with kids, as maybe they have sky cots? It was my belief that you had to be medically fit to help in emergency. may be these are just the seats nearest to exit. I know for these you have to be over 16 under 65 and pysically fit.

I am jsut about to book my flight for June so I will see what they say to me.

Oh and to answer and earlier question about whether they fly dogs in Air Transat? Only in the cabin, they serve you the food. God we had a moose serve us and a miserable one at that. Put us off them for life.

How do I get these seats? They're marked in yellow and it says to phone, but when I did I was first told they're the premium seats. When I corrected the telephonist, she told me their medical seats. Assuming that you've got one of these, what kind of medical conditions do they accept.

I've been a long sufferer of a rare bone condition called boneidlitis, but I'm fairly sure that doesn't apply!
Old May 19th 2005, 12:57 pm
Here and happy at last

Just checked on site and the seats behind Premium cabin are blue and it clearly states they are for physically fit people between 16 and 65 with no medical problems. So I think who you spoke to is wrong . ALL the premium class are yellow seats. Give them another ring and ask.
Out of interest I just rang Globesoan ( Air transat to get them to quote for their premium cabin , and was on hold for 5 mins told I was next in queue then got cut off! Sod that

Old May 19th 2005, 4:28 pm
little snowy owl

You have to be physically able to sit in a seat by an exit so that you do not impede other travellers in case of an emergency I think!

Further news on the dog front. I had a reply from My Travel concerning dogs on Canadian Affair flights to Calgary. They gave me a number to call!!

"Whiteleas Sky Dogs" 01629 734000.

I called this number, got straight through, and a lady took details of me and my dog and is sending us a quote and further details....

Morw
Old May 19th 2005, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

"Whiteleas Sky Dogs" 01629 734000.
Do they have a website or email address? I'll try anything to get down from the silly money Air Canada want for our dog...
Old May 19th 2005, 9:23 pm
little snowy owl

Sorry Biiiiink,

can't find anything on Googling, except Whiteleas is a town in South Teeside, and BlueSkyDogs is an adventure travel company for dogs based in New York!!

Give them a call, I don't know what they charge yet. I also do not know yet if they are quoting us a full service or just to arrange "carry-on" as Excess baggage!

"Zoom" also allow you to travel with your dog and I should think may be cheaper, but we preferred the facilities (for humans anyway) with Canadian Affair if we can, as Zoom seems pretty basic in most people's opinions.

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; May 19th 2005 at 9:26 pm.
Old May 19th 2005, 11:06 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

Just a little bit more info on Canadian Affair, I just got off the phone with my hubby, who has just arrived in Halifax, on the Thomas cook flight with C.A, he said it was fine, leg room was good and he was in the cattle class and he is 6ft 2 so it sounds like it was a good cheep way to go,
hope all goes well for you , good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.