British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Zoom flight cancelled (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/zoom-flight-cancelled-540560/)

terese677 Jun 2nd 2008 10:21 am

Zoom flight cancelled

Hi
We had a telephone call from Zoom this morning cancelling our flight on 19th June as they had no slot available. We have booked everything, taxi to airport accomodation at airport and other end in Vancouver, this has me in a panic, trying to arrange other flights.
Any advice anyone ?
Terese

allicat001 Jun 2nd 2008 11:42 am

Re: Zoom flight cancelled

Originally Posted by terese677 (Post 6424958)
Hi
We had a telephone call from Zoom this morning cancelling our flight on 19th June as they had no slot available. We have booked everything, taxi to airport accomodation at airport and other end in Vancouver, this has me in a panic, trying to arrange other flights.
Any advice anyone ?
Terese

have they refunded you the money or are they saying they will put you on another flight of theirs?

Ben W Bell Jun 2nd 2008 11:42 am

May need to use your travel insurance to get onto a flight with another airline, or ask Zoom to book you with another airline.

ill_only_miss_eastenders Jun 2nd 2008 12:29 pm

Our flight is June 18th with zoom, hope we dont get a fone call to :confused:

Hope you can work something out.

Souvenir Jun 2nd 2008 12:38 pm

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/zoom.htm

san38 Jun 2nd 2008 2:12 pm

Hi Theresa, what happens with regards to the accommodation that you've booked in Vancouver? Because they don't come cheap.

I am with Ba flying a few days before you, hope they pay for the inconvenience.

allicat001 Jun 2nd 2008 3:04 pm

Have you tried Canadian Affair?

I have found them to be a lot cheaper than Zoom even if you try to claim back the cost of your flights after you get back it´s worth keeping the rest of the bookings isn´t it?

Gazruss Jun 2nd 2008 5:03 pm

I'm afraid to say it.....but...Zoom sucks....My daughter was supposed to be here at 2:30 this afternoon......got a call from her from Cardiff at 02:30 am this morning saying that her flight was delayed by 19 (Yep 19) hours.....

What is it with this airline....... do they only have 1 plane......

Steve_P Jun 2nd 2008 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Gazruss (Post 6426327)

What is it with this airline....... do they only have 1 plane......

Actually five.;)

2 Boeing 757's and 3 Boeing 767's

Gazruss Jun 2nd 2008 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_P (Post 6426350)
Actually five.;)

2 Boeing 757's and 3 Boeing 767's

How many are still flying though.....

Steve_P Jun 2nd 2008 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Gazruss (Post 6426364)
How many are still flying though.....

Can't say but they are all getting up there in age.

2 were built in 1990, 2 in 1993 and one in 1995. ;)

terese677 Jun 2nd 2008 5:27 pm

Thank you all for your help
Zoom originally said there were no alternative flights on 19 which we wanted but would book us on Sun 22 , I looked for alternative flights all morning, Ba offered soke at premium economy which we booked , at £9000 ( which was far too expensive) and canadian affair had economy flights on the Thursday. Zoom said they would refund the money but it would take some time.
I phoned a travel agent who found a premium economy flight on 19 with................Zoom who are flying from Cardiff!
We rang Zoom and asked why they hadn't looked at this flight and were told that they only look at alternative dates not alternative airports!
We transferred our booking which is easier than trying to reclaim the money and paying for another flight, but needless to say after this flight I am taking very reluctantly, I WILL NEVER FLY ZOOM AGAIN:thumbdown:.
Thank you agin for all your support and good luck to those flying with this airline on further dates,
Terese

terese677 Jun 2nd 2008 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by san38 (Post 6425704)
Hi Theresa, what happens with regards to the accommodation that you've booked in Vancouver? Because they don't come cheap.

I am with Ba flying a few days before you, hope they pay for the inconvenience.

Hi,
there's no refund for days not used,I've booked 6 weeks with vacation rentals,
Zoom could have cost me a lot of money, the only thing I can't refund is the overnight sty with Best Western in Gatwick,
Terese

terese677 Jun 2nd 2008 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by terese677 (Post 6426442)
Hi,
there's no refund for days not used,I've booked 6 weeks with vacation rentals,
Zoom could have cost me a lot of money, the only thing I can't refund is the overnight sty with Best Western in Gatwick,
Terese

I didn't mean sty, I meant stay;)

terese677 Jun 2nd 2008 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Souvenir (Post 6425402)

Thank you I have left a review, hope it helps others
Terese