Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

YVR to Downtown

YVR to Downtown

Old Nov 10th 2014, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default YVR to Downtown

Hello, are the any buses to downtown Vancouver (Burrard St) from YVR or do I have to take a cab ?
Thanks Neil.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 4:26 am
Just Joined

Bobcat14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: YVR to Downtown

Try this link:

http://www.translink.ca/en/Schedules...stem-Maps.aspx

Several buses drive along Burrard Street. You need to work out where along Burrard Street you want to go, and work back from there. It may be as easy as taking the Skytrain from YVR to Burrard St station via Waterfront station and walking from there.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 4:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Best way is to take the Canada Line subway/skytrain to down town to Granville (City Centre) and walk the rest of the way. You can catch the train directly from the airport terminal, and depending on where on Burrard you want to go you can either walk, or catch a bus downtown or another train line to get you closer. Once downtown I always walk everywhere, its an easy downtown to walk around.

You could take a taxi, but the train is probably faster in the long run depending on time of day, traffic can be nasty in Richmond to Downtown, took me over an hour once to drive Downtown to the airport.

Hint: Buy your day ticket from the Pharma Save or 7/11 on the lower level of the terminal before going up to the train plat form and you won't pay the airport surcharge + a day pass is good on all transit all day.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute

I've done this and skytrain is really simple way to go
Old Nov 10th 2014, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for the Skytrain. Last time I was there I took a cab from the airport to downtown (work was paying) and the Skytrain back. Skytrain was definitely the better way to go.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much, looks like the skytrain's the way to go.