Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

you've inspired me! What songs or bands should they bring to canada!

you've inspired me! What songs or bands should they bring to canada!

Old Apr 3rd 2006, 6:39 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: you've inspired me! What songs or bands should they bring to canada!

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Actually, yes is well known in Canada. He is performing at the Air Canada Centre, in Toronto on May 25th and then in Ottawa the following night.

I know this because I drive his Tour Bus when he is touring through North America.

Jim (Ex-Liverpool).
Who ?
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: you've inspired me! What songs or bands should they bring to canada!

Originally Posted by dbd33
Who ?
Sorry,

I was replying to a reply.

A: I was talking about Daniel O'Donnell who is playing;

Toronto, ON
Ottawa, ON
St Johns, NFL
Halifax, NS

Jim.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Hudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really nice

You mean you drive the narcoleptic express, do his fans over here need sort this of help?
On a more contemporary note Huge Cornwell played Vancouver to a rapturous response a few weeks ago, so there is some Hope for Canadian music taste.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:56 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Sorry,

I was replying to a reply.

A: I was talking about Daniel O'Donnell who is playing;

Toronto, ON
Ottawa, ON
St Johns, NFL
Halifax, NS

Jim.
Never heard of him, is he like a modern Val Doonican ?
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Hudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really nice

Much worse, imagine VD & a couple of valium.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:12 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Hudman
Much worse, imagine VD & a couple of valium.
Has he similar costumes to Mr. Doonican ?

http://www.valdoonican.org.uk/discind5.htm

If he has, I think I might go and see him.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

I've got to admit he looks good, I am not sure DO'D has that sort of sartorial elegance. You must have been gone (from UK) a long time cause DO'D has been the old cruds favourite for years now.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:21 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Hudman
I've got to admit he looks good, I am not sure DO'D has that sort of sartorial elegance. You must have been gone (from UK) a long time cause DO'D has been the old cruds favourite for years now.
Yes, I've been gone since 1981. I go back quite often but somehow have managed to avoid Mr. O'D.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Yes, I've been gone since 1981. I go back quite often but somehow have managed to avoid Mr. O'D.
You'd better start praying your kids dont ship you back in your senior years and bung you in a nursing home. I had the misfortune to refurbish a nursing home in Kilburn, I was on the job for over a year and the F@#ker was blasted out at 1000 Db every second of the day. Needless to say the inmates where catatonic zombies. I think the guy is sponsored by the senlie dementia association GB.
Hugh was still doing his stuff back in '81.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:46 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeeesus! he makes those men on those Patton knitting patterns look waaay cool!

Yeah, I'd go too!

edit - is this the guy that they're referring to (well taking the piss) in that Father Ted episode?

Last edited by hot wasabi peas; Apr 3rd 2006 at 8:50 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by babyblue
We have just spark a convo in one of my threads about songs. So i though to myself!....."self...... what bands or songs would you like to introduce to canada?"

I came up with a few....

It is amazing the amount of brittish music that never made it here.
I remember at christmas dancing around the living room to slade and
'here it is merry christmas' to my horror nobody else knew who it was.

What about
spandau ballet
status quo
UB40
ELO
slade
I have that Slade Christmas song on one of my Christmas compilation CDs but I had never heard of them otherwise. Bear in mind that at the time these bands were big I was living in Alabama where the top 40 US songs don't get played until at least 2 months after the rest of the US has already gotten tired of them. I definitely knew Spandau Ballet (had a CD), UB40, and ELO (saw them in concert once). I think I have most of the ELO CDs that were released in the US. :-) If they made it to Alabama, I know for sure they had to have made it up here in Canada. How much more and varied music they played here vs. Alabama was one of the first things I noticed, despite the stupid Canadian content laws. My husband thought he had entered a time warp when he would come down there to visit before I moved.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

gopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant future

speaking of slade we had quite a surreal moment the other day watching our 3 year old daughter stomping around the living room of our house in a little albertan town to gudbuy t'jane ....she is definitely a girl possessed with 70s glam rock.... what would noddy say
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:47 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

but the glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity yeah, babe

they make me beg for Jimmie Osmond.
Is that the only line you know?
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:54 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

Please tell me that the Canadian Content laws are a wind up !!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by sysclp
I have that Slade Christmas song on one of my Christmas compilation CDs but I had never heard of them otherwise. Bear in mind that at the time these bands were big I was living in Alabama where the top 40 US songs don't get played until at least 2 months after the rest of the US has already gotten tired of them. I definitely knew Spandau Ballet (had a CD), UB40, and ELO (saw them in concert once). I think I have most of the ELO CDs that were released in the US. :-) If they made it to Alabama, I know for sure they had to have made it up here in Canada. How much more and varied music they played here vs. Alabama was one of the first things I noticed, despite the stupid Canadian content laws. My husband thought he had entered a time warp when he would come down there to visit before I moved.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:04 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buchan6
Please tell me that the Canadian Content laws are a wind up !!!!!!!!!!!
Nope ... they are the real thing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.