Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Your point of view please!

Your point of view please!

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

westchilt has a spectacular aura aboutwestchilt has a spectacular aura aboutwestchilt has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Your point of view please!

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Well I'm glad you've found the forum now! It must have been so much harder in so many ways 16 years ago. At least we have the computer age .... we can research, we can talk to people and share experiences, and we can easily keep in contact with the folks back home. Even air travel is cheaper and more available now than it probably was then.... or does that make it HARDER to settle I wonder? ... the thought that you can always go back "home"!

You were almost a pioneer!!! I salute you!!!!!

Yes this seems like a great forum and must be of great comfort for all you newcomers (and us old Pioneers)!! to be able to chat.
Phone bills to England 16 years ago were HUGE!!! Thankfully dialing rates are next to nothing now. But it's even better as we now use a web cam instead, isn't technology great
Oh! we got married in that lovely little church in West Chilt.. must stop this reminising!!
Have you been here long and are you settling in well?
Have a great day
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

lucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Your point of view please!

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Are you also applying from Germany...If so You could be here in under a year...If not you'll have 3 + years to wait.
Lived in Germany 22 years ago but still had to get a Police Check from them - my English check took 8 weeks, German 9-10 days inc. a translation from London - but hey, at least Ive got all my info now - will be writing my cheque later this week!!!
Thanks for all replies