Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

your knowledge is needed....plz

your knowledge is needed....plz

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

nobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant future
Thumbs up your knowledge is needed....plz

Hi there,
we have been in saskatoon now for 4 months and we love it, peeps are great, neighbors are very friendly, kids settled in well at schools, hubby working away driving everywhere from canadian provinces to usa.

I am a retired nurse (injury reasons) and i worked as childminder for last 6 years back in uk.

So anyway its driving me crazy being in the house all the time, i want to get out and work even if its part time, but I have no work permit, lmo etc i can across on hubbies, what do i need to do to get ball rolling.

Have searched about but cant find specific help to this, is it an employer who has to apply for lko, work permit?

any help greatly appreciated

ta
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 5:48 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: your knowledge is needed....plz

Hi

Originally Posted by nobbyvialli
Hi there,
we have been in saskatoon now for 4 months and we love it, peeps are great, neighbors are very friendly, kids settled in well at schools, hubby working away driving everywhere from canadian provinces to usa.

I am a retired nurse (injury reasons) and i worked as childminder for last 6 years back in uk.

So anyway its driving me crazy being in the house all the time, i want to get out and work even if its part time, but I have no work permit, lmo etc i can across on hubbies, what do i need to do to get ball rolling.

Have searched about but cant find specific help to this, is it an employer who has to apply for lko, work permit?

ta
1. You would have to find an employer who is willing and able to get a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC for the job, takes 8-12 weeks depending on the province. If the you receive an LMO then you can apply for a work permit.
2. As a spouse of a work permit holder you would be able to apply for an open work permit, but as your spouse's job is not classified in A/B or O of the NOC but C (Truck Drivers fall under C) you are not eligible for the open work permit.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

ta
Perhaps, seek out the day care centers for children or senior citizens and
see whether anyone there wants to do the paperwork for immigration.
Or you could volunteer at children's school and take it from there.
It would be good to network with the parents.
Hope that helps.
Yoong
Old Jan 5th 2007, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

nobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant futurenobbyvialli has a brilliant future

Thanks, didnt think it was going to be easy, oh well volunteering will get an open door...
Old Jan 5th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, didnt think it was going to be easy, oh well volunteering will get an open door...
You welcome, in BC , there are nurses who have physical problems
are working as telenurses as an alternative to working on the units.
I noticed that you were a nurse and it would be great to get back into
nursing without being physically demanding on you like telenursing.
I suppose have to get visa and training for that.
Good luck with your networking with the parents, never know what door
will open for you.
Yoong
Old Jan 5th 2007, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

cheers yoong