Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Young(ish) couple, no kids - where to rent a house in Calgary

Young(ish) couple, no kids - where to rent a house in Calgary

Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:12 am
Just Joined

BadFoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Young(ish) couple, no kids - where to rent a house in Calgary

We are a couple with no kids who have just arrived in Calgary and who are looking to rent a house in one of the older, outer neigbourhoods in the SE or perhaps the SW (I will be working at the Southbend Business Park).

We are looking to rent a detached house with a double garage (to house hubby's large collection of mountain bikes) which are all located (surprise, surprise) in very family orientated neighbourhoods.

My question is that would it seem a bit odd to the neighbours for a couple without kids to move into a large family house? I know it shouldn't matter really, but I would just like to know what you all think.

BF
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young(ish) couple, no kids - where to rent a house in Calgary

Originally Posted by BadFoot

My question is that would it seem a bit odd to the neighbours for a couple without kids to move into a large family house? I know it shouldn't matter really, but I would just like to know what you all think.

BF
Welcome to Calgary:

No-one will even blink. Lots of big houses in Calgary have childless couples in them.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

We are a couple with no kids who have just arrived in Calgary and who are looking to rent a house in one of the older, outer neigbourhoods in the SE or perhaps the SW (I will be working at the Southbend Business Park).

We are looking to rent a detached house with a double garage (to house hubby's large collection of mountain bikes) which are all located (surprise, surprise) in very family orientated neighbourhoods.

BF
Hi BF,

Firstly, welcome to Calgary.

We're down in Okotoks in a large family house...just the two of us! We don't think anyone gives it a moment's thought. We certainly don't. You do what suits you best.

As far as finding long term rentals is concerned, you've probably already found...
www.rentfaster.ca

Hope you settle in really well to your new life here.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 1:36 am
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of

BF
I have just rented a 4000 sq ft 3 bedroom house with 4 bathroom, office, dining room, family room, bonus room, dining area and large undeveloped basement plus triple garage to a single guy!! and houses do not get much bigger that that!! All in a family orientated area. If you have the rent money you can rent what you want.