Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

You guys will love me for this!!

You guys will love me for this!!

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You guys will love me for this!!

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Do I REALLY need to say anymore
and you have never done anything wrong in your life?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:59 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
and you have never done anything wrong in your life?
When did I say that?

I have made many (costly on more than one occassion) mistakes however in a position\occupation like yours I would think a LOT more carefully before making 'promises' like you did with the title and openning post.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

When did I say that?

I have made many (costly on more than one occassion) mistakes however in a position\occupation like yours I would think a LOT more carefully before making 'promises' like you did with the title and openning post.
First of all I never made any promises- I just said that I had come across a recruiter who says that she can assist finding work for work permit visa's. Thats her words not mine, as per her listing on Linked IN.

I said you guys would love it, because up to now I have not seen a posting from anyone, saying that they had come across a recruiter who covered this angle, and lots of people on this forum are asking about whether any one knows of how to get a job for a TWP.

So please look again at what I actually wrote- I did NOT make any promises at all.

Last edited by shelley748; Apr 2nd 2009 at 10:33 pm. Reason: typo
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have come across a recruiter on my Linked in Site who will assist with clients looking for work and need work permits.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post here- so PM me for info thanks
In case you don't want to scroll back again Butch- I have quoted my first post above.

No promises from me there at all.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by geo4
You're not really helping people if you haven't even confirmed she is "legit" are you?
No which is why I was being cautious until I heard back from her. Which I have not, so one can assume she is either overwhelmed, or not for real.

Do what you will- I was merely passing on a link I had found out about.

Its up to you all to do your due diligence- I make sure that I do.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:22 pm

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

ok well I apologise then- I just saw this one profile and thought I was doing the right thing!!
I think you did do the right thing, you let us know about it, and you now know what your dealing with.

Unemployment must be bad enough without be ripped off while trying to get help.

I always did hate those "work at home and earn hundreds a week" ads.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:55 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I have come across a recruiter on my Linked in Site who will assist with clients looking for work and need work permits.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post here- so PM me for info thanks
In case you don't want to scroll back again Butch- I have quoted my first post above.

No promises from me there at all.
Actually Shelley I did scroll back, note the use of the word will in both the title and your first post.

Call it a promise, call it a guarantee. But in both cases your wording suggests that were certain that these 'events' WOULD happen.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Actually Shelley I did scroll back, note the use of the word will in both the title and your first post.

Call it a promise, call it a guarantee. But in both cases your wording suggests that were certain that these 'events' WOULD happen.
Well I think that you are over analysing things. Its the recruiters wording that suggests she "will" help .....work permits...

My "will" is that( as I have said before, many of the posters and inquirers here, have asked many times if any of us members knows of any company who are looking to help /offer jobs for TWP.) I thought that it would be useful info and that it would be taken and received positively.

Lets top nit picking and I won;t bother to post any more suggestions openly, as I really don't need the hassle quite honestly.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 2:32 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Please God, make it stop.

As I said LOL.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 2:35 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Please God, make it stop.

As I said LOL.
Your wish is my command. If anyone has anything they think desperately needs to be added, PM me and I'll consider unlocking it, but for now I see no use in further posts here.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 12:54 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Shelley forwarded me this reply from the lady in question

"Thank you for your message, we are working with other consulting firms to place candidates using work permit visa. Since we are all facing global recession therefore Govt of Canada is also updating eligible skills for work permit, there are only a few designations as compared to a lot last year.

We have also a separate division for investor visa category. Please feel free to forward my profile to your contacts, I am open networker which means I accept invitation to connect from everybody.

Wish you best of luck.

regards "

Next time dont jump all over someone trying to help.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 1:13 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Fuhgeddabout it

Last edited by iaink; Apr 6th 2009 at 1:43 pm. Reason: Offensive comment removed
Old Apr 6th 2009, 1:40 pm

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

i'd like to see where this goes, my views are obvious, but i am wrong quite often
Old Apr 6th 2009, 1:42 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

WTF? Don't close the thread, lecture people and then re-open it because you got sent the above note that proves erm.. what does it prove?

Further- In order to be fair and balanced in your job as moderator, perhaps a note also cautioning people to fact check before posting.

At the time I said If anyone wanted to add to it, then PM me. I thought the reply from the person who was being disparaged here was worth adding.

Dont lecture me on what I can and cant do as a mod, especially on the open forum. Ive said it enough times now that everyone should know better and Im in no mood to put up with it.

I closed this thread because people wouldnt leave it alone. Its now officially beyond resurection.

Last edited by iaink; Apr 6th 2009 at 1:52 pm.