Yay

Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:03 pm
Mad Bint

Platty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to all
Default Yay

Well here we are in front of Lake Ontario in somewhat sunny Toronto

After Bunac kindly refused our work permit application (They don't allow children ), we decided to take the bull by the horns.

Booked tickets to Toronto, sent 2 year old daughter to her grandparents for a week and my hubby managed to arrange a meeting with a company that he's been trying to get a job at (Cogeco Cable). He has had alot of support from a few employees there and one of them that is quite high up staked her reputation on him to management, so that made it easier to get a meeting.

He had the meeting this morning and they've agreed to sponsor him.

We are now happy as pigs in shit All we gotta do now is wait for them to sort the work visa out.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yay

Originally Posted by Platty

After Bunac kindly refused our work permit application (They don't allow children ), we decided to take the bull by the horns.

Booked tickets to Toronto, sent 2 year old daughter to her grandparents for a week and my hubby managed to arrange a meeting with a company that he's been trying to get a job at (Cogeco Cable). He has had alot of support from a few employees there and one of them that is quite high up staked her reputation on him to management, so that made it easier to get a meeting.

We are now happy as pigs in shit All we gotta do now is wait for them to sort the work visa out.
Hooray!
I've been following your progress so I'm really pleased to read this!

Really pleased for you!

Take Care,
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

yorkiebar99 is on a distinguished road

That is FANTASTIC....................
how exciting for you. Hope the permit comes quickly for you.

On the road to Àmarillo............

Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Congrats Platty....time to come to the pub for a quick drink I think and celebrate!!!!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Igni is on a distinguished road

Or not as the case may be, at the moment this seems to be off the cards, as although the people who would be my managers are all happy with this their HR in their infinite wisdom have deduced that it would take too long to get me there so this won't be happening now

The brown stuff happens I guess, but to be so close is ever so slightly irritating!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Igni
Or not as the case may be, at the moment this seems to be off the cards, as although the people who would be my managers are all happy with this their HR in their infinite wisdom have deduced that it would take too long to get me there so this won't be happening now

The brown stuff happens I guess, but to be so close is ever so slightly irritating!
Damn! That sux.

I feel sorry for you.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:37 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Hey Igni,

Hang in there I know exactly how you feel. Essencially I have been applying since 2001 with varying intensity and had a couple close calls, but in the end it always fell through. I am still scanning websites weekly and sending out 5-10 resumees a week. Something will stick sooner or later, and your chances will get better once you have PR.

To Platty,

Congratulations, hope it all comes through quickly now. It is actually really encouraging to hear someone who made it.

Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:03 pm
Faire de la *fluff fluff*

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about

Hey yeah - did you go to the CN tower yet??? Ha ha ha... oh and if you order the boneless chicken meal, there is a piece of bone sticking out of it - my BF - who doesn't like eating meat that has a visible bone on it - was told it was for decoration - HA HA HA!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that Igni On the plus side it's looking good for getting a job when you get there if companies are that interested in your skills!

Best of luck,

Biiiiink
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:54 am
Mad Bint

Platty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mhhp
Hey Igni,

Hang in there I know exactly how you feel. Essencially I have been applying since 2001 with varying intensity and had a couple close calls, but in the end it always fell through. I am still scanning websites weekly and sending out 5-10 resumees a week. Something will stick sooner or later, and your chances will get better once you have PR.

To Platty,

Congratulations, hope it all comes through quickly now. It is actually really encouraging to hear someone who made it.

Think you've misinterpreted, Igni is my hubby.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:56 am
Mad Bint

Originally Posted by Fluffy Boogie
Hey yeah - did you go to the CN tower yet??? Ha ha ha... oh and if you order the boneless chicken meal, there is a piece of bone sticking out of it - my BF - who doesn't like eating meat that has a visible bone on it - was told it was for decoration - HA HA HA!

We did, I almost kacked myself as I'm afraid of heights
Old Apr 12th 2005, 7:41 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Think you've misinterpreted, Igni is my hubby.
OOps, sorry, forget the second part of my post then. But hang in there, you have my best whishes, and Karm for both of you.

Good luck and down with HR
Old Apr 16th 2005, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Igni is on a distinguished road

A swift email later offering more details over the process, etc, to the company and clearing up a few misconceptions along with satisfying some corporate requirements and things are back up in the air, and to be decided next week!

Good fun this waiting game innit

Ah well, myself or Mrs Igni (Platty) will report back.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:27 pm
Mad Bint

A swift email later offering more details over the process, etc, to the company and clearing up a few misconceptions along with satisfying some corporate requirements and things are back up in the air, and to be decided next week!

Hehe you got here befre me
Old Apr 17th 2005, 5:22 pm
keep checking....

I have my fingers Xed for the 2 of you, and will not be sleeping the next couple of nights, I really know how you feel.

KEEP FIGTING, If you win it is a victory for all of us