Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is it worth it ?

Is it worth it ?

Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

amawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant future
Default Is it worth it ?

I have registered for the Canada expo in Leeds and before parting with hard earned money is this worth going to? any feedback greatly appreciatedted
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it worth it ?

Originally Posted by amawill
I have registered for the Canada expo in Leeds and before parting with hard earned money is this worth going to? any feedback greatly appreciatedted
No. Don't part with any money as yet. Look around this site first. Starting with the 'Wiki'. Please. Otherwise you'll get someone else rich at your expense.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious how much does it cost? I'd never heard of these expo's until I joined BE. Mind you I did zero research before I moved.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

amawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant future

Each Ticket Costs £12.50. Children under 18 years of age are free.
http://www.expo-canada.com/why_canada.aspx

Last edited by amawill; Mar 26th 2008 at 12:36 am.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Each Ticket Costs £12.50. Children under 18 years of age are free
Not a crazy amount of money then it could be interesting but like Steve says you can find out lots on this site for free. Good luck with your research.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

I know not much still petrol money etc. I am a nurse so thinking there may be some contacts there ?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Each Ticket Costs £12.50. Children under 18 years of age are free.
http://www.expo-canada.com/why_canada.aspx
It's not the cost of the expo I was talking about, it's what they lay you with while you're there.
Your money though. They want it...
Be careful.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

I know not much still petrol money etc. I am a nurse so thinking there may be some contacts there ?
Been to a couple for the most its companies that will get you a job and help with the paper work, as a nurse you def don't need any help like that.

It is worth going but as Steve said don't part with any money, we were at Sandown recently and one of the companies told us to get us a job and do leg work would be around £ 3500 there are employers there and people recruiting nursing staff, info is on there website,

The employers won't charge you so go direct.

search the threads ( using search ) at top for nursing and you will see lots have job offers and there is lots of info on there, as a nurse you can choose virtually anywhere you want in Canada and get there quickly, good luck
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

We went to the Edinburgh expo a month or so back and although there wasn't much there that we couldn't find on t'interweb, it did kinda focus us on doing more research etc Also, by paying £10 to Willis & Brazelot for a skilled worker visa assessment, we got a buy one get one free Zoom flight voucher - so basically a flight to Canada until October for about £30 (and W&B still haven't charged the £10 to my card )
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future

HI,

Is this offer still valid??

Would be worth just giving them a tenner for the flight offer.

If so can you PM me the details, a we plan to use zoom too.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fozzy33
HI,

Is this offer still valid??

Would be worth just giving them a tenner for the flight offer.

If so can you PM me the details, a we plan to use zoom too.
If W&B are at this expo, I would guess they're offering the same deal because it was the main reason people were talking to them!

The assessment fee was £10 per adult (which I beleive is a reduction on their standard fee) and all we did was complete their skilled worker visa assessment form. They put a coded sticker on our form to indicate it was a discounted assessment and eligible for the Zoom offer. The Zoom voucher came through the post about two weeks later with the report on the visa assessment. There is no pressure to sign up with W&B after this - we havent even had a follow up call or email.

The zoom voucher offers 2 for 1 flights from Belfast, Galsgow, Cardiff, Manchester, Paris or gatwick from March 1st to October 31st but with some schedule restrictions July 1st to August 31st. Taxes are payable and any extras like pre-assigned seats, premium upgrade and additional legroom are extra. Finally, you can only use it to book over the phone.

Hope that helps!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
We went to the Edinburgh expo a month or so back and although there wasn't much there that we couldn't find on t'interweb, it did kinda focus us on doing more research etc Also, by paying £10 to Willis & Brazelot for a skilled worker visa assessment, we got a buy one get one free Zoom flight voucher - so basically a flight to Canada until October for about £30 (and W&B still haven't charged the £10 to my card )
Thats the same one that came to Sandown the next one in June at Olympia and Leeds i think has a much better choice of employers, not sure why you were charged £ 10.00 for an assessment as they are free, theres one on the CIC web site, we got the 2 for 1 Zoom offer for NS, i think thats on the return flights as in second visit ? haven't really read it properly yet, if its the same thing ?

Theres much more on the net for the next one, i looked a few weeks ago there is a list of employers etc that are attending, and this show is geared only for Canada where Sandown was for OZ and New Zealand, including Nursing and IT

We went 2 years ago it was a good show, although we were given the wrong information and basically told it would take years to get there with IT as there was no call for it i didn't realise at the time they were trying to get money out of us
We were told around £5,000 for doing what we have now done for ourselves that is the skilled worker visa application and research for a job, you don't need to part with any money except to CIC with your application, unless you want your hand held all the way even then if you read the forum there are lots of people that are not happy with the services they have had to pay for, unless your situation is complicated of course.

if you want to use a consultant have a look at the immigration experts that contribute to this site like Andrew miller and JAJ, If we need one i would use one of off here.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future

Just looked up expo dates, none in Scotland,

So I wont be able to do that, thought I was going to save some money there.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Fozzy - maybe get someone from here who's going to mail you one of the W&B forms? The had piles that were prestamped with the voucher code for people to take away and complete later ( my kids lifted around 20 but I binned them I'm afraid)

Coffeepot - we were being a bit sneaky... I'd already done the CIC assessment, just thought it was worth paying the ten bucks to get the flight offer (sorry W&B...) and having read through the various threads on here, I'd pretty much decided that we didn't really need a visa consultant - at leats not one who's going to charge 5k plus! Appreciate the heads up about the possible conditions to the flight offer though - it doesn't mention that on the voucher but I guess that means nothing! Am going to phone them later to check...
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

I've registered for the Olympia expo, I'm waiting for the list of employers who will be there to be emailed to me before I commit to going (or spending £25). No point going just to talk to immigration consultants.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.