Reload this Page >

working permit?

working permit?

Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

wheelie is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face working permit?

Hi there

I would love to move to Canada with my family but don't have the skills they require for a Resident Visa. Our only other option seems to be to get a job first then apply for a Working Visa. Has anyone actually managed to get a job in Canada whilst still in the UK? Do companies offer jobs to people who are not already resident the their country? I think I am clutching at straws as the dream seems to be fading into the distance. Any help would be appreciated

Wheelie
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: working permit?

Hi,
Firstly what is your occupation/skills? don't be so sure you don't have the skills required.

If you intend to start on the long road to moving to Canada one of the most important things is to be positive and tenacious.

There are 100,000 + work permits issued every year for Canada, so there are many people who are able to secure positions prior to moving over.

Keep your chin up!

SAW 04

Originally Posted by wheelie
Hi there

I would love to move to Canada with my family but don't have the skills they require for a Resident Visa. Our only other option seems to be to get a job first then apply for a Working Visa. Has anyone actually managed to get a job in Canada whilst still in the UK? Do companies offer jobs to people who are not already resident the their country? I think I am clutching at straws as the dream seems to be fading into the distance. Any help would be appreciated

Wheelie
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

debbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nice

Hi there

Wheelie

We came to Canada on a work permit my husband seen a job advertised in a magazine rang up came over for an interview and 3 months later we were in Canada.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 1:00 pm
Cowtown

Has anyone actually managed to get a job in Canada whilst still in the UK?(
See the thread by TrishB - proves it happens.

Old Sep 8th 2005, 1:10 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cowtown
See the thread by TrishB - proves it happens.

Me too, still working here on a Work Permit...
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here on a work permit too. Good way to get an extra 15 points for the eventual PR application if you need them. You also then get a fast tracked application process for the PR.

The only downside is risk, since you can only work for the company then gets you the permit. The company will have to get HRSDC approval for the job offer, which basically means that you aren't putting a Canadian out of a job because there is a skill shortage in your area.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

wheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the positive feedback.
My husband is in the computer industry but has no qualifications in this field as he has learnt it all on the job. But he backs up computer systems and monitors that the police computer servers are working smoothly. I just do data input part time and also do beauty therapy part time.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:34 pm
Cowtown

Originally Posted by Posidrive
You also then get a fast tracked application process for the PR.
Is that something new?

Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:40 pm
Banned

steals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant future

Is that something new?
no its says on the cic website people with job offers or provincial nominee get fast tracked within six months all done and dusted
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:42 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Is that something new?
From what I can gather it is not really fast tracked, so much as runs much smoother with less delays as all your police checks, medicals all happen in Canada and as such run through the process locally.
Also some of this is driven by the fact that having a HRDC Job approval means that you are already a desired immigrant and have a significant amount of your approvals already in place and validated.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:58 pm
Cowtown

Originally Posted by steals
no its says on the cic website people with job offers or provincial nominee get fast tracked within six months all done and dusted
I know PNP applicants are fast tracked, I didn't realise job offers got you fast tracked too for PR too - then again, things have changed a bit since I came over.

Obviously CIC are listening to somebody ...

Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:00 pm
Cowtown

Originally Posted by MikeUK
From what I can gather it is not really fast tracked, so much as runs much smoother with less delays as all your police checks, medicals all happen in Canada and as such run through the process locally.
That's what I had thought too.
Originally Posted by MikeUK
Also some of this is driven by the fact that having a HRDC Job approval means that you are already a desired immigrant and have a significant amount of your approvals already in place and validated.
Also helps if you haven't been deported in the meantime

Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:01 pm
Banned

steals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant future

I know PNP applicants are fast tracked, I didn't realise job offers got you fast tracked too for PR too - then again, things have changed a bit since I came over.

Obviously CIC are listening to somebody ...
yeah its true its written down in black and white so it does help to get a job offer sorted a lot quicker than the 36 months there quoting
Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:08 pm
Cowtown

Originally Posted by steals
yeah its true its written down in black and white so it does help to get a job offer sorted a lot quicker than the 36 months there quoting
Canadian employers seem to be getting more onside with the idea of making job offers before you land - it's much less painful than watching your money burn while you try to get a job

Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:20 pm
Banned

Canadian employers seem to be getting more onside with the idea of making job offers before you land - it's much less painful than watching your money burn while you try to get a job
youre not wrong there im going on a work permit the beginning of october im going over sunday for a week to sort a house bank account a car and im having a meeting with a provincial nominee officer next tuesday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.