Reload this Page >

Working in the emergecy services

Working in the emergecy services

Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Chris_R is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in the emergecy services

Hi all

I'm was wondering about the possibilities of getting into the police force or ambulance service in Toronto. I've read the official websites but I wonder how it works out for Brits moving over.

My fiance and I are both serving in the Royal Navy at the moment and won't be moving until our contract is up in a couple of years nonetheless I was wondering if the emergency services is a realistc goal. Cheers!

Last edited by Chris_R; Aug 19th 2004 at 10:52 am.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 4:30 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in the emergecy services

Originally Posted by Chris_R
Hi all

I'm was wondering about the possibilities of getting into the police force or ambulance service in Toronto. I've read the official websites but I wonder how it works out for Brits moving over.

We're both serving in the Royal Navy at the moment and won't be moving until our contract is up in a couple of years nonetheless I was wondering if the emergency services is a realistc goal. Cheers!
You may have a shot at OPP because of your backgrounds, it is a highly competitive process ; the local/regional ambulance services (such as they are) are a different matter. Look at http://www.opp.ca/ for the police and
http://www.ontarioparamedic.ca/commu...ma_conter.html might help for ambulance employment requirements.