Local Canadian Bank
0%
Other
16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Wise offer Debit card in Canada

Old Nov 30th 2021, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wise offer Debit card in Canada

Wise can now offer a linked Debit card with over 80 currencies. Great for us Brits with sterling accounts that require CAD and USD
Old Dec 1st 2021, 1:35 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wise offer Debit card in Canada

Got an email about it. Interesting as I've been paying off a loan from a british bank account and have been depositing money via Wise. Would be probably one step simpler to just do it all in one place and update the direct debit details for the loan
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Kingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, if I have £ in an account in the UK would I be able to use it to withdraw CAD from my Ottawa bank? Are the exchange rates reasonable? Is there a limit to how much you can withdraw each week/month?
Thanks,
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingsboy48
Hi, if I have £ in an account in the UK would I be able to use it to withdraw CAD from my Ottawa bank? Are the exchange rates reasonable? Is there a limit to how much you can withdraw each week/month?
Thanks,
Wise Card explains how to use it. Load cash in the Wise app. When you pay with the card, always choose to pay in the local currency. I load my card with CAD from my UK bank account, then spend using the card in Canada. I have a USD account set up on the Wise app, so I can upload GBP or CAD into my USD account and spend in USD when in the States. It makes international travel so much easier.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Kingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Wise offer Debit card in Canada

Thanks glendem4, appreciate the info, I'll be looking into it further,
Cheers, Merry Christmas
Old Dec 25th 2021, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

anyone been able to order a card yet? I've got an account - was set up in Britain, now in Canada - I go to order a card and first step is to enter delivery address, no option to select Canada.
Old Dec 27th 2021, 4:53 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
anyone been able to order a card yet? I've got an account - was set up in Britain, now in Canada - I go to order a card and first step is to enter delivery address, no option to select Canada.
You will probably need to either contact their customer service and update your 'address details' to your Canada address, or open an account in Canada to get one delivered here - if you registered a UK account they will send the card to a UK address.

Can you send my card to an overseas address?
Sorry, we don't ship overseas right now. Currently, we only ship to address provided by you at the time of card sign-up. If you'd like to update your card mailing address, please get in touch with our support team.
https://wise.com/sg/borderless/card

See also: https://wise.com/help/articles/29780...9ONNzQMeqJpcVi
If the address on your account isn’t correct.

If you’ve moved and would like to change your account address, you can do it in the app or on the website, but you might have to submit a document. Here’s how we verify your address.

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 27th 2021 at 4:56 am.
Old Dec 27th 2021, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You will probably need to either contact their customer service and update your 'address details' to your Canada address, or open an account in Canada to get one delivered here - if you registered a UK account they will send the card to a UK address.

https://wise.com/sg/borderless/card

See also: https://wise.com/help/articles/29780...9ONNzQMeqJpcVi

Thanks - the odd thing is I can select pretty much any country in Europe and most of the Caribbean islands to get the card delivered to, none of which I have ever visited let alone lived in!