Winter hols

Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:30 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Winter hols

My beloved other half has indicated that we have two options this Christmas.

Option A is to drive all the way to NB (a good 15 hours) and spend several days watching her family eat/argue/discuss medical conditions.

Option B is to leg it somewhere warm.

After careful consideration, I'm leaning towards option B.

Where though? I have no idea. These places all look the same. We're aiming at 7 nights, all inclusive, with a beach. 3-star plus.

Any advice on resorts/hotels much appreciated.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Winter hols

Originally Posted by Souvenir

Option A is to drive all the way to NB (a good 15 hours) and spend several days watching her family eat/argue/discuss medical conditions.

Where though? I have no idea. These places all look the same. We're aiming at 7 nights, all inclusive, with a beach. 3-star plus.

Ah, so you're heading for balmy winnipeg then eh?
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Cuba is nice and very reasonable. Could always do a couple of days in Havana (great place) as well.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Why not the gulf coast of Florida. We have had christmas/new year there and it was fab.......

oooh my wife is looking green with envy

Pete
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:16 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmmmm

Winnipeg? I think not.

Cuba? Nice idea in principle but I'm not sure if my missus is allowed to go there.

Florida? We are trying to avoid Quebeckers, not seek them out.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Hmmmmm

Winnipeg? I think not.

Cuba? Nice idea in principle but I'm not sure if my missus is allowed to go there.

Spoilsport. I know this great little place on Lake Winnipeg that use to sell the best fish and chips in town. They even had a picnic table where you could eat them.........!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Mizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond repute

Mexico ...nice
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 1:20 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmm

Winnipeg? I think not.

http://www.burj-al-arab.com/
Apparently amazing and f-in hot. Friends of mine went there for their honeymoon.

http://www.tigh-na-mara.com/

It is not warm in Parksville at Crimbo, but very pretty.

Last edited by dingbat; Nov 23rd 2006 at 1:23 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

So just how many seconds of consideration did you give option A?

I remember wanting a change to the usual damp miserable Christmas weather we often get in the south of England so we went to the Canary Islands for Xmas as its only 4 hours from UK and usually good year round weather. We landed in quite high winds and within 2 hours of arriving a storm hit and the next 48 hours were worse than the UK. It did change though and was 25 degrees on Dec 25th but my OH said it didn't feel right being somewhere hot and sunny at Christmas and she wouldn't do that again. For me it was the best Christmas ever, no fighting relatives and i didn't have to drive so i could get pi$$ed everyday. (perhaps that why she wont let me go again)
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

pinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to all

Hmmmmm

Winnipeg? I think not.

Quebeckers like the East coast of Florida not so much the West coast.