Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Winnipeg, or bust????

Winnipeg, or bust????

Old Oct 23rd 2010, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Winnipeg, or bust????

Welcome to the madhouse...

Have you met any strange looking english people there... or should I say Person? Looks a little like catweasle without a smile...

The sump pump is running because of the water table. once things really cool down you will probably see it stop as the frost gets deep enough. Don't worry about the ice on the driveway until things warm up again.

The snowblower sounds really powerful now, but it needs to be that big, I assure you. Make sure you have fuel line antifreeze in it as it will not get warm enough to defrost the lines and keep them free of ice.

If you get stuck with things, Gremmie is around the corner, and I pass by regularly on the way to Ile Des Chenes. Other than that, enjoy your new home, and when things look difficult, just hang on to your reasons for leaving in the first place.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bobthedog;8937882]Welcome to the madhouse...

Have you met any strange looking english people there... or should I say Person? Looks a little like catweasle without a smile...

lol.....never thought of gremmie as catweasle .,
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

He has shaved at least once since I met him last.. but he has a similar disposition, don't you think...

Actually... Gremmie, you have been very quiet lately. Not heard from you. You still alive?
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

...lol,last saw him about 3wks ago when loading concrete in niverville.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

So he is still alive then. Just wondered. I usually hear from him every now and then, but it has just been then for a while.