Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

William and Kate on tour

William and Kate on tour

Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

molby will become famous soon enoughmolby will become famous soon enough
Default William and Kate on tour

Anyone going to go and wave a flag? I'm hoping to travel to Calgary with some fellow expats, but not sure where to go.

PS I know the royal family isn't everyone's thing, and I respect that. Instead of turning the thread into a debate about monarchy, please just let those of us who are interested in the tour swap ideas. Thanks
Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:05 am
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of
Default Re: William and Kate on tour

Originally Posted by molby
Anyone going to go and wave a flag? I'm hoping to travel to Calgary with some fellow expats, but not sure where to go.

PS I know the royal family isn't everyone's thing, and I respect that. Instead of turning the thread into a debate about monarchy, please just let those of us who are interested in the tour swap ideas. Thanks
The Stampede opening ceremony would be a good start!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:31 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I know the royal family isn't everyone's thing, and I respect that. Instead of turning the thread into a debate about monarchy, please just let those of us who are interested in the tour swap ideas. Thanks
You really don't expect that to happen do you?

Edited to add I do actually hope that people respect your wishes but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Last edited by Steve_P; Jun 17th 2011 at 4:39 am.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:54 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Hoping to take our little ones to Calgary to wave their flags. They haven't released the full itinerary as yet so can't plan much but we're going to the Stampede Parade (our first one) on the 8th so hopefully will manage to catch a glimpse during the day.

Princess Diana would have been 50 on Canada Day this year so it's kinda nice that they are here then.....
Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:49 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Getting a hotel room during the Stampede is next to impossible under normal circumstances, and ditto for RV parking so unless you've got somewhere to stay, I wouldn't bother. God knows where all the journalists are going to stay.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 5:07 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I don't believe they are coming out to Vancouver otherwise it would have been great to just to be there. Good luck and I hope you get to see the lovely couple.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 5:23 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve_
Getting a hotel room during the Stampede is next to impossible under normal circumstances, and ditto for RV parking so unless you've got somewhere to stay, I wouldn't bother. God knows where all the journalists are going to stay.
You could probably get something in Red Deer or Lethbridge and drive to Cowtown.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

We won't be going to see them - mainly because we are actually going camping when they are coming to Calgary...
Old Jun 17th 2011, 7:13 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Unfortunately I don't believe they are coming out to Vancouver otherwise it would have been great to just to be there. Good luck and I hope you get to see the lovely couple.
You're sincere comments, oh never mind.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 1:48 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Are they bringing Pippa?

I've seen the Queen twice and saw Princess Di once. Cool.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 1:53 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Are they bringing Pippa?

I've seen the Queen twice and saw Princess Di once. Cool.
I've had tea with them both. Slags the pair of 'em.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't give a ****. Perhaps Pippa will come and make it more interesting. I know this is completely against the rules you've stipulated for your thread but hey ho.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by London Mike
Couldn't give a ****. Perhaps Pippa will come and make it more interesting. I know this is completely against the rules you've stipulated for your thread but hey ho.
How rude!

I would have liked to have seen them here in Calgary but unfortunately we are flying out the day they arrive here which could create a bit of a mess around the airport. I hope they are arriving in the morning and everything is cleared out by the time we have to be there.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 4:07 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chookie
We won't be going to see them - mainly because we are actually going camping when they are coming to Calgary...
Have you told them ?
Old Jun 18th 2011, 10:38 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I am visiting Charlottetown PEI the same time as Wills and Kate because it's my birthday weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.