Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Will I Make It.

Will I Make It.

Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:36 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Will I Make It.

Maybe its the hot weather or maybe its me but i find this whole thing really difficult.
We follow all the steps as required we wait.......
Will we accepted
Will my house sell
Will the interest rate fall further
Will we make it in the end............................. And so it goes on.
Application forms in....... yes
Response......................yes
Tracking number.............yes
Date for X-ray................yes
Date for medical..............yes
Did we pass the medical?
Will we hear the results soon?
When will they send for our passports?
When will the pr be granted?
Will we be sane at the end of this ?
IS IT WORTH IT..............................'''''''YOU BET IT IS '''''
Fingers crossed x x x x x
Old Jul 9th 2005, 9:29 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice
Default Re: Will I Make It.

Originally Posted by rossandvi
.....Will we be sane at the end of this ?
You mean you were sane when you started?!

Welcome to the happy farm!!
Old Jul 9th 2005, 10:29 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse
You mean you were sane when you started?!

Welcome to the happy farm!!
Thanks....................
Old Jul 10th 2005, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

davio28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah been there done that and its pretty stressfull. everything was pretty much a breeze though its just the waiting that plays with your nerves.

Our whole application went without a hitch i really wouldnt worry about it.

The biggest thing my wife worried about was when i entered Canada. She was worried immigration would ask me a whole bunch of questions. They do have the right as well to ask you if you have income enough to support yourself etc etc. You get the idea.

When i entered he filled out my form and sent me on my way without a question. I was done in about 5 to 10 minutes and was surprised at the ease. Saying that my wife came to live in England with me for a year and worried about the same thing. Yet again she entered immigration and they asked her virtually nothing except where she would be staying etc.

I guess i could sum all of this up and say what you worry about the most allmost never happens. Itll all go well for you.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by davio28
Yeah been there done that and its pretty stressfull. everything was pretty much a breeze though its just the waiting that plays with your nerves.

Our whole application went without a hitch i really wouldnt worry about it.

The biggest thing my wife worried about was when i entered Canada. She was worried immigration would ask me a whole bunch of questions. They do have the right as well to ask you if you have income enough to support yourself etc etc. You get the idea.

When i entered he filled out my form and sent me on my way without a question. I was done in about 5 to 10 minutes and was surprised at the ease. Saying that my wife came to live in England with me for a year and worried about the same thing. Yet again she entered immigration and they asked her virtually nothing except where she would be staying etc.

I guess i could sum all of this up and say what you worry about the most allmost never happens. Itll all go well for you.
My take on this is that if you worry about every little thing, then you are prepared for every hitch. If you are complacent - you will get bitten. Better to be ready than be caught unawares...
Old Jul 10th 2005, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

Maybe its the hot weather or maybe its me but i find this whole thing really difficult.
We follow all the steps as required we wait.......
Will we accepted
Will my house sell
Will the interest rate fall further
Will we make it in the end............................. And so it goes on.
Application forms in....... yes
Response......................yes
Tracking number.............yes
Date for X-ray................yes
Date for medical..............yes
Did we pass the medical?
Will we hear the results soon?
When will they send for our passports?
When will the pr be granted?
Will we be sane at the end of this ?
IS IT WORTH IT..............................'''''''YOU BET IT IS '''''
Fingers crossed x x x x x
Good luck! I hope you make it!
It's a lot of stress, but try not to worry. I got in easily, despite all the doom & gloom merchants in Britain.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

Thanks....................
Look on the bright side, if chavs like Andy/Shiela can get admitted you should have no probs!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:37 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

????? you really need to get a live hon

Originally Posted by seacreature
Look on the bright side, if chavs like Andy/Shiela can get admitted you should have no probs!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 5:14 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Sir/Madam,

Knowing that the above post isn't intended with any humour in mind, it would be good if you could halt the personal attacks and/or take any grief off-line. No need !

This forum is intended for sharing info, offering mutual support etc. The rest of the baggage and crap that seeps onto here, we can live without.

Rich.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 5:18 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

i actually learnt something from seacreature!!!!! Until now i thought all chavs were teenagers/in there early 20's but apparantly not, i am one and i'm early 40's (something else i have in common with seacreature, my age is the same as it's IQ)
P.S. fao seacreature, you can call me any name under the sun because coming from an illiterate numpty, i take no notice. When it comes to Sheila however, be very careful, she is intelligent, beautiful, a great mother and a qualified nurse, all attributes that put her about 1,000 places above you on the evolutionary ladder and which also disqualifies her from being a chav.

Whatever your problem is, get over it. Stop being so bitter and twisted and get on with life, you might even get to like it
Old Jul 10th 2005, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Sir/Madam,

Knowing that the above post isn't intended with any humour in mind, it would be good if you could halt the personal attacks and/or take any grief off-line. No need !

This forum is intended for sharing info, offering mutual support etc. The rest of the baggage and crap that seeps onto here, we can live without.

Rich.
I agree with you entirely. Unfortunately however, if you'd care to look back at previous posts you will find that Andy/Sheila is undoubtedly the biggest culprit when it comes to dishing out abuse and insults, often for no reason whatsoever.
Let me refresh your memory....

"With your typical yankee attitude it's not surprising no-one will employ you, i wouldn't."

"i have 4/5 assaults on my record, the last being about 7 years ago"

"that is an intelligent comment, did you think it up all by yourself just so that you could get your 1st post in ?"

"COVENANT, how brown is your tongue ???? "

"I have an "extensive" criminal record, mainly for fighting "

"Looks like it has rubbed off on you in a big way and you do have a yankee attitude."

"Again, another idiot that takes a serious thread and jokes about it because he thinks it's clever"
Old Jul 10th 2005, 6:01 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Both of you => please, cease and decist, take it off line, leave it, take a break, bite your tongue, whatever, FFS just ease off the nasty gas, dudes !!!

Life's too short.

Rich.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 8:12 pm
Vi

Cool Re: Will I Make It.

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
????? you really need to get a live hon

A Live What?

If you ment to say get a life then............ i have one and moving to Canada it will as the song says...............ONLY GET BETTER.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 8:13 pm
Vi

Smile Re: Will I Make It.

Good luck! I hope you make it!
It's a lot of stress, but try not to worry. I got in easily, despite all the doom & gloom merchants in Britain.

Thank you for your support .........