Reload this Page >

Will be in Calgary soon

Will be in Calgary soon

Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Goragio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will be in Calgary soon

Hello folks,

Seem to have stumbled across this site a bit late, but better late than never!

My wife and I have entertained ideas about moving to Canada for a few years but never really did anything serious about it. Then my wife's work offered to move us all to Calgary so we decided to go for it!

We were over a couple of weeks ago house hunting and managed to buy a house. The whole process was quite a learning experience, luckily our relator was a great bloke who seemed to really know his stuff.

We are into our last few weeks in the UK currently and are just finishing off our "to do list" and running around the country visiting relatives.

This place is packed with really useful information! Hopefully I'll be able to add our own experiences to the pot.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will be in Calgary soon

Hi goragio- welcome to the site and good luck with your move to calgary

Lots of us are moving out to Calgary over the next few months!

Gryphea
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Hi and welcome! Where in Calgary are you moving to? You did well buying your house during your house hunting trip. We are going over next week and would like to do the same if we find a house we really like. We move in the summer. All the best for you rmove.

Lisa
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:59 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Good luck with the move. We love it here despite it still snowing this morning. I knew I should have left the garden chairs under lock and key for a few weeks more......

The sun will soon be back
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:38 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MCrocker
I knew I should have left the garden chairs under lock and key for a few weeks more......

So it's all your fault is it.

...and here I was thinking it was me because I got my car washed for free on Monday.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move. We love it here despite it still snowing this morning. I knew I should have left the garden chairs under lock and key for a few weeks more......

Yeahh lets hope so....... I saw the weather this morning and its going to warm up soon.

There were some great conditions at Sunshine skiing yesturday though. They had an inversion in temperatures.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goragio
Hello folks,

Seem to have stumbled across this site a bit late, but better late than never!

My wife and I have entertained ideas about moving to Canada for a few years but never really did anything serious about it. Then my wife's work offered to move us all to Calgary so we decided to go for it!

We were over a couple of weeks ago house hunting and managed to buy a house. The whole process was quite a learning experience, luckily our relator was a great bloke who seemed to really know his stuff.

We are into our last few weeks in the UK currently and are just finishing off our "to do list" and running around the country visiting relatives.

This place is packed with really useful information! Hopefully I'll be able to add our own experiences to the pot.

Welcome Goragio I hope you find what you need and good luck with the move .
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:05 pm
Happy as a pig in treacle

claire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud of

Welcome and hope to see you there! ONE week left!!
C
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:31 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve_P
So it's all your fault is it.

...and here I was thinking it was me because I got my car washed for free on Monday.
No, not me or you - one of my clients advised me that it was his fault as he has just taken the snow tyres off his car (client is always right, right?)
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:44 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

(client is always right, right?)
Absolutely.

Can't argue with that logic.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: Will be in Calgary soon

Hi there,welcome to the forum,you,ll get all the info you need on here and meet loads of people,
Please bring the sunshine with you
Where abouts did you buy a house? we are in the north west,been here just over a week now and love it.
Good luck with your move
Mandi
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Goragio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Our house is in the SE (parkland) as my wife will be working nearby (foothills). I think we were quite lucky to get a house so quickly, prices seem to be going up every month and we avoided the multiple offers scenario.