Reload this Page >

Wife needs convincing

Wife needs convincing

Old May 14th 2007, 2:09 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife needs convincing

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
What is 'the fact'?
The fact is that Chinese people eat babies. Raw.
Old May 14th 2007, 2:13 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Souvenir;4778687]
Originally Posted by steve666

Which side of the river do they intend living on?

The question scenario for Ottawa would be this.

"For several months of the year the last thing you do before going to bed is shovel lots of snow off your driveway. You will get up really, really early and do it again, so you can drive to work. When you get home, the plough will have been past, leaving a big wall of snow at the entrance to your driveway. You will need to shovel this to get to your front door. If there has been freezing rain during the day (this only happens once or twice a week), you will do the shovelling with a pickaxe. What, now, are your views on moving to the National Capital Region?".

A) Can't wait; sounds very Canadian and I want to be a part of it.

B) Melbourne looks nice.
Or more correctly. A) Because that gives me the opportunity to buy a piece of gas powered equipment to help me deal with mother nature. In this instance a snowblower, in other instances a tractor/ATV/boat etc*

* delete as appropriate.
Old May 14th 2007, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

Speaking English is irrelevant we are still immigrants - invisible ethnics.

Souvenir- why did your partner leave that area If I had that choice I would go there now.

Canadians love outdoor - not all of them, many stay inside for 6 months of the year hence the impressive amount of Canadian writers apparently.

And loving outdoors also means Canadians don't have much appreciation of culture and history and resulting in horrible downtowns and lack of historic areas; everywhere having been nicely demolished and something awful constructed. To do with the economy is their reasoning- they need to do that to create jobs.. or something. Very sad.
Old May 14th 2007, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Liana
Speaking English is irrelevant we are still immigrants - invisible ethnics.

Souvenir- why did your partner leave that area If I had that choice I would go there now.

Canadians love outdoor - not all of them, many stay inside for 6 months of the year hence the impressive amount of Canadian writers apparently.

And loving outdoors also means Canadians don't have much appreciation of culture and history and resulting in horrible downtowns and lack of historic areas; everywhere having been nicely demolished and something awful constructed. To do with the economy is their reasoning- they need to do that to create jobs.. or something. Very sad.
comments like this confuse the hell out of me.

Liana: Are you Canadian, English, an immigrant, do you like canadians.

Please can we stick to the original thread. Ta
Old May 14th 2007, 2:33 pm

[QUOTE=Atlantic Xpat;4778724]
Originally Posted by Souvenir

Or more correctly. A) Because that gives me the opportunity to buy a piece of gas powered equipment to help me deal with mother nature. In this instance a snowblower, in other instances a tractor/ATV/boat etc*

* delete as appropriate.
"the opportunity to buy a piece of gas powered equipment to help me deal with mother nature". There is a certain amount of irony in that, depending on how you interpret "deal with".

I bought Souvette a power washer for Mothers' Day. I haven't used it yet. The main idea was to clean the car, driveway, siding and deck. It's not a monster, at 1650psi but I'm not sure how dangerous it is. We hired one to clean the deck last year and you could carve your name with it. I guess I'll try washing the dog with it first. If I don't punch a hole through him, or blast him straight through the fence, it should be OK for the deck.
Old May 14th 2007, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Liana
She's in the Canadian military. It was a 4-year posting. It ended.
Old May 14th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Souvenir;4778687]

Which side of the river do they intend living on?

The question scenario for Ottawa would be this.

"For several months of the year the last thing you do before going to bed is shovel lots of snow off your driveway. You will get up really, really early and do it again, so you can drive to work. When you get home, the plough will have been past, leaving a big wall of snow at the entrance to your driveway. You will need to shovel this to get to your front door. If there has been freezing rain during the day (this only happens once or twice a week), you will do the shovelling with a pickaxe. What, now, are your views on moving to the National Capital Region?".

A) Can't wait; sounds very Canadian and I want to be a part of it.

B) Melbourne looks nice.
I would very much like to meet you in person.
I'm out ther in early July.
Old May 14th 2007, 2:42 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought Souvette a power washer for Mothers' Day. I haven't used it yet. The main idea was to clean the car, driveway, siding and deck. It's not a monster, at 1650psi but I'm not sure how dangerous it is. We hired one to clean the deck last year and you could carve your name with it. I guess I'll try washing the dog with it first. If I don't punch a hole through him, or blast him straight through the fence, it should be OK for the deck.
Passing along a warning given to my sister-in-law when they got one.

Be careful when you use this machine on siding.

Try to ensure you don't drive the water underneath the siding and damage the sheathing. Easily done apparently.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by Steve_P; May 14th 2007 at 2:56 pm.
Old May 14th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Steve_P;4778889]

Try to ensure you don't drive the water underneath the siding and damage the sheathing. Easily done apparently.

Cheers
Steve
Best we old Englanders stay in Engand. You can visit if you like, we'll make you feel happy, show you around just like you'll do in your land.
Old May 14th 2007, 3:00 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P

Cheers
Steve
Best we old Englanders stay in Engand. You can visit if you like, we'll make you feel happy, show you around just like you'll do in your land.
Huh???
Old May 14th 2007, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

She's in the Canadian military. It was a 4-year posting. It ended.
That would have been great. I know other Canadian and Aussie military who are over in the UK and they have good lifestyles too; here they would only be able to rent out a modest apartment - there, they live in luxury penthouses. Nice experience though- wish I had married a military person
Old May 14th 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
comments like this confuse the hell out of me.

Liana: Are you Canadian, English, an immigrant, do you like canadians.

Please can we stick to the original thread. Ta
Well as a new poster and still in Hampshire (which BTW is a lovely county) then perhaps you have to acknowledge a poster who has been in Canada for coming up to 30 years- has lived in 3 different provinces and has regularly visited all the others except two.
The response was to another post but it was a certain amount of relevance to a "wife needs convincing". Those are the positive and negative aspects of certain things here.
Old May 15th 2007, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_P

Cheers
Steve
That risk had crossed my mind but thanks for the reminder.
Old May 15th 2007, 12:17 pm

[QUOTE=steve666;4778859]

I would very much like to meet you in person.
I'm out ther in early July.
You know where to find me. I'm always up for a barley sandwich.
Old May 15th 2007, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

ImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by just wishing
I have been reading for a while now and finally decided to join in.

Been wanting to emigrate to Canada since i was 18, now 35 (don't like to rush things). Not trying to get away from anything in particular just trying to fulfill a long term dream, unforunately my wife is not as keen as myself as she is a bit of a home girl, i want to head for Southern Vancouver (surrey, Richmond etc).

Does anyone have any ideas for convincing my wife that this is the place to be and if i manage to get there for a holiday this year, where would be good places to visit to convince her.
Be a man, tell her you're going and that's that.
Women know your place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.