Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why Oakville /Burlington

Why Oakville /Burlington

Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

annie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud of
Default Why Oakville /Burlington

Just wondering why do you think the OV/Burlington area is so popular with Brit expats?
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Oakville /Burlington

Originally Posted by annie3-4
Just wondering why do you think the OV/Burlington area is so popular with Brit expats?
Beats me! Security in numbers perhaps for all those who work in TO?
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:37 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

That area has the highest concentration of expat Brits in Canada. I suspect that what happens in many cases is that people come over on holiday to visit relatives that have already made the move, fall in love with Canada and emigrate. They pick a place they already "know".

When I lived in OV, my circle of friends included a number of people that had relatives nearby.

This is just my theory.

Plus, marmite is widely available there.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:40 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Where? Ontario? true enough Thats not necessarily a reason not to come though
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

annie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud of

That area has the highest concentration of expat Brits in Canada. I suspect that what happens in many cases is that people come over on holiday to visit relatives that have already made the move, fall in love with Canada and emigrate. They pick a place they already "know".

When I lived in OV, my circle of friends included a number of people that had relatives nearby.

This is just my theory.

hi there,
I posted a little story for u on the thread about renewing passports, did ya read it ??? re: penguins.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Plus, marmite is widely available there.[/QUOTE]
that decides it for me then, when I was pregnant I got through a jar per day , I used to eat it from the jar with a spoon, love it...
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:51 pm

hi there,
I posted a little story for u on the thread about renewing passports, did ya read it ??? re: penguins.
Yes dear. I replied to it.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:52 pm

that decides it for me then, when I was pregnant I got through a jar per day , I used to eat it from the jar with a spoon, love it...[/QUOTE]

That's my kind of girl!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry havent looked.the "adult" who normally reads the posts to me is not at home.(re: posts from Andy)

I,ll have a look now and see if I can manage to read it for myself..
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

This is just my theory.

an idea for a new post.... 100 uses for a jar of marmite, ( no strange fetishes please)

Last edited by annie3-4; Nov 21st 2005 at 10:05 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

No you didn't,have a look at all of the thread. i was looking forward to your usual clever sarcasm love it....
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:20 pm

No you didn't,have a look at all of the thread. i was looking forward to your usual clever sarcasm love it....
I must have missed something. I'll have a closer look when I've finished savaging my boss' work.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

I must have missed something. I'll have a closer look when I've finished savaging my boss' work.
tut tut... dont say you are supposed to be working and you are trawling the forum. Naughty naughty.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:39 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Why not Oakville... I live there. Not that it's a recommendation or anything.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:40 pm

tut tut... dont say you are supposed to be working and you are trawling the forum. Naughty naughty.
Serves them right for letting me work 3,500 miles away from the office.

Anyway, I started working eleven hours ago. I'm entitled to the odd break.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.