British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Why move to Canada? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/why-move-canada-263219/)

mjanovitz Jun 20th 2006 5:02 pm

Re: Why move to Canada?

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Dont you have enough to worry about with three pussies to look after?????

Well it can be a lot to contend with and they would probably not be happy about me playing with a beaver but I won't tell them if you don't! ;)

Calgal Jun 20th 2006 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Yer, and you can't even get yer pussy out in Calgary or they'll fine you! ;)

The fines are the least of my worries! I keep my pussy indoors to prevent Coyote attacks, its only a little, after all!

Butch Cassidy Jun 20th 2006 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by mjanovitz
Well it can be a lot to contend with and they would probably not be happy about me playing with a beaver but I won't tell them if you don't! ;)

MMMMMMMMMM
go on then I'll keep it under my hat. :D

mjanovitz Jun 20th 2006 5:05 pm

Aye but Mark's in Toronto. ;)
We're still trying to find out if you can get your pussy out in ON. :D

I hope you can get them out in ON, does them good to get some fresh air every now and again. Well as fresh as you can get round here anyway!

mjanovitz Jun 20th 2006 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Calgal
The fines are the least of my worries! I keep my pussy indoors to prevent Coyote attacks, its only a little, after all!

may i ask what you call your little pussy?

Calgal Jun 20th 2006 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by mjanovitz
may i ask what you call your little pussy?

Eddie (short for Edwina from Ab Fab, dahling) It's a right little bitch, too! ;)

(The dead one was called Ben - that was a psycho pussy from hell, for sure).

or4ngecrush Jun 20th 2006 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Canada Bob
The 12ft wide works here in the UK too, mind you you'd struggle to buy much in Wigan let alone London for $350,000 / aka 165,000 quid, the ex Council houses in Wigan are listed for that, a tad less if the bloke next door is dealing drugs... {it helps to have a sense of humour ore here}...

As far as uncrowded, well, let's take these facts... 95% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the U.S. Border {according to Stats Can}, so for the sake of round numbers lets say that Canada is 4000 miles East to West and 100 miles North to South ? {it's more than that, but let's call it that}.

So "this Populated Canada" has 400,000 sq miles for {say} 30 million people to go at,.

Here in GB {so we're not counting Norther Ireland} we have 84,000 sq miles to go at, for 57 Million of us to share out... remember though that I'm counting ALL of GB, including the remote areas...

So, in the strip that I'm calling Canada there's around 70 folks per sq mile, I think, if me math is correct ?

In GB we have near 700 folks per sq mile ?

Canada Bob.

Well Canada Bob I think you may need to consider that a lot of Scotland isn't populated in the middle but theres a lot of people mainley squeezed into the six major cities, so if you were to work it out again you may need to chop parts of Scotland off to make it work out correctly.

Most of the population in Scotland is in Glasgow and it's not even the capital, and what I find with some of the cities in Scotland e.g. Edinburgh (as I can't speak for the other areas) they are old cities and are not built for the amount of people living in them and not designed for cars. It takes me more than an hour to go from the East side of Edinburgh to the West side of Edinburgh because of the traffic, I can drive to Glasgow from Edinburgh quicker than that! And in Edinburgh the public transport isnt really that great either. Which is why there thinking of putting trams back into the city (a Canadian company might be making that happen soon) And you cant really park in the centre of town if you did you wouldn't be able to find a space and the price of parking is expensive.

And your right about the cost of my flat, a hundred year old third floor tenement block) is about 25ft 5 inches length and 20ft wide altogether (sorry I'm rubbish at working out the square foot of something, maybe someone can help?) it's a one bedroom, tiny bathroom (no room for bath) and a kitchen in the same room as the living room. I bought it in 2004 for £68,000 and it was valued last year (and I haven't changed it since I bought it) at £95,000. You may be thinking that's great all that profit but I am now stuck here as I can't afford anything else now because I dont earn enough only £6 per hour. Which is also why I haven't decorated or bought furniture as all my wages go on council tax, car, mortgage, electricity and bills e.g. food, phone, cable

So sorry I have gone off topic a bit but I had to get that off my chest sorry :zzz:

Sorry I'll stop now lol

Emma

or4ngecrush Jun 20th 2006 5:20 pm

MMMMMMMMMM
go on then I'll keep it under my hat. :D

Is your hat big enough?

Souvenir Jun 20th 2006 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by iaink
£389 compared to $650 plus taxes here.

Another example of "rip off britain"?

So, the actual difference is about $50. Not as much as my boss led me to believe. Bang goes that idea.

iaink Jun 20th 2006 5:53 pm

Gee Whizz Iain how do find time to work and sleep????? :rolleyes:

I dont. I simply sleep at work. Dont tell my boss.

Butch Cassidy Jun 20th 2006 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by iaink
I dont. I simply sleep at work. Dont tell my boss.

Your secret is safe with me. ;)