Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why a FIDI registered mover

Why a FIDI registered mover

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:08 am

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all
Default Why a FIDI registered mover

Why a FIDI registered mover exactly?

I see some of the non-FIDI movers being praised here, and to be honest, although just getting quotes, I have found them extremely responsive, and they have quoted less, insurance being one third cheaper than the nearest.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:58 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why a FIDI registered mover

FIDI is an organisation that over seas movers belong to. They have to have been trading for 2 years before they can join, and be financially sound.

FIDI represents quality, all FIDI members have to adhere to certain standards. A FIDI mover should only use other members for the move, so the mover you choose in the UK should use a FIDI member in Canada.

Over seas mover do not charge more because they are FIDI members. When you get a quote you should ask the mover, who they will be using in Canada to move you in, will they collect the container from the port or wait for it to come to them via train or truck. Ask to see the quaulity of the wrapping they are using, will furniture of value be crated or just boxed? There are lots of things to consider when choosing an over sea mover.

I can tell you with confidence ,that you get what you pay for. Having said that I know that people are limited with budget most of the time.

Feel free to PM me if I can help further.

Hope this helps