Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why do you want to leave the UK?

Why do you want to leave the UK?

Old Jan 27th 2008, 2:48 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you want to leave the UK?

Originally Posted by didikai
11,000 posts!
When would you ever get time to go to the pub?

Pubs are web-enabled now. Last night the bartender was showing youtube videos on the cash register, a Berlitz ad involving the German Coast Guard went over well (the bar owners foreign, alas, so we couldn't meet in that one).
Old Jan 27th 2008, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Mountain Runner will become famous soon enoughMountain Runner will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by englishintruder
I am not intending to leave the UK because I think the grass is greener. Alright the UK aint perfect and but every country has its flaws.
We feel its time for a change.We want to experiance a different culture and way of life.
Im not running from the UK. Its taken me 7 years to finally say lets do it. God i earn really good money in the UK. The job I have been looking at is nearly half of what I earn here.But i need to slow up and realise whats more important. We want a fresh start and new beginning.

Hey if dont work out, i know i can always return to the uk jobless and there sort out my housing rent and money for a few months
Not exactly what you said in your first post!!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 3:06 pm
Banned

didikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dbd33
Pubs are web-enabled now. Last night the bartender was showing youtube videos on the cash register, a Berlitz ad involving the German Coast Guard went over well (the bar owners foreign, alas, so we couldn't meet in that one).
Crap!!!
Aren't there ANY pubs in your area that cater for us White Supremacist, Bigoted, BNP, Cross of Saint George flag waving racist morons?

Is the bar owner German? If he is just whisper in his ear 'Two world wars - One world cup' I bet he'll laugh at that one.

When I was a barrow boy I used to play the piano on the cash register. (London joke)
Old Jan 27th 2008, 3:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Crap!!!
Aren't there ANY pubs in your area that cater for us White Supremacist, Bigoted, BNP, Cross of Saint George flag waving racist morons?
The Legion. The Loyal Orange Lodge.

Is the bar owner German?
No, he's a flamingly out Australian.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 3:22 pm
Banned

didikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dbd33

No, he's a flamingly out Australian.
Flamingly out!!

What an insulting homophobic term!
And an insult to the man!

You're also capable of dreadful prejudiced statements
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishintruder
The main reason is to give my kids a better life.
Im only 31 myself but being a tradesman have worked around UK quite a lot and seen what goes on, how the countrys feeling.

Just look at whats it cost us to live here
17.5% sales tax, £1.10 a litre of fuel, council tax rise of 10%, Gas/electric hikes, Congetion charge cameras to pay to drive through the citys, road tax, inheritance tax, when you want to use the hospital, doctors or police you have to wait.
Look at the other day, when you want a policeman you cant find one, when you dont there are 25000 of them protesting over wages in London??
I had credit card fraud few months ago, over £1000. checked out some places where they had spent and managed to get a delivery address and possible name, phoned police to tell them and there answer was, dont worry about it, it will cost us more to chase it up, its not like its your money, the bank make enough.....:curse::curse: I was handing it to them on a plate and they didnt want to know.

The uk goverment control the people scare tactis, global warming ect.. all based on myths with no hard evidence. "This is are warmest year for 200 years, global warming is sprirraling out of control ect.. ect..." so what was before the 200 years ago????

regarding schooling, why is my 5 yr old learning about relegions like hindu ect.. when she cant even read or right yet!

also about the imigrants comming here. I dont mind them if they want to come and work, fit in and stay here, but trouble is there not keeping there money here.
There comming here, squeezing 10 or so people in a house, working all hours and sending there money back to poland or wherever. What good is this doing for the UK econamy with all that BRitish £ leaving it . There also claiming child benefit for there kids which live in poland still, thanks to the EU!!
I was i New york a few weekends ago and got talking to an american guy on the subway who ued to live in london, he said he would never go back now for wot he has seen over the last 10-15 yrs. there is no great in Britian anymore You letting them all in, working on the councils,police ect. watch out there going to get you from the inside, take you country down piece by piece.,where his words.

The country is not geared up for family life anymore, its all about the selfish people or benefit spongers
There is nothing to do for my kids apart from the beach, which is dirty and cold.
The nearest ice rink is 80miles, there is a small swimming pool in my town, which is always packed, the next swimming pool is 20 miles. The libary is shutting down.
This subject can go on and on

I no the grass isnt always greener but it gota be much better than the UK now days. Im going to least gice it a try anyway!

Chris
Best not to comment on reading and writing standards unless your own is fairly good.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Flamingly out!!

Why is it homophobic???
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by daft batty
Best not to comment on reading and writing standards unless your own is fairly good.
He just doesn't use a spellchecker like you have to do.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by daft batty
And it should be 'unless your own ARE fairly good'
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

NatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of light
Post Re: Why do you want to leave the UK?

Thought i'd post this as it was relative to the topic of this thread;

http://notw.typepad.com/thebigone/20...s-are-lea.html

Lots of differing views... each allowed their opinion

N
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

And it should be 'unless your own ARE fairly good'
True, true. I did say "fairly good" .
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

He just doesn't use a spellchecker like you have to do.
Eh?? What does that mean? Please write it again in understandable English.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Happy_Feet will become famous soon enough

...because we cannot stand having to endure another Saturday night in front of the TV watching a BBC talent show involving Graham Norton :curse:
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Happy_Feet
...because we cannot stand having to endure another Saturday night in front of the TV watching a BBC talent show involving Graham Norton :curse:
Really? I go out of my way to watch those in Canada (you mean Maria and Joseph, right?)
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Flamingly out!!

To echo Batty, "how is it homophobic?". He is who he is. If I strongly objected to flouncing I wouldn't go into his bar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.