Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

This is why "the decent" people want to leave the UK

This is why "the decent" people want to leave the UK

Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:28 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is why "the decent" people want to leave the UK

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
My view on paedophiles?

Execute them! I'm not kidding here. Why should I pay via my taxes for scum like that to be in jail and get degrees and stuff (like Myra Hindley did). They are beyond sick. How anyone could hurt a child, let alone rape a 3 month old baby (recently in UK news) is beyond belief. In my view they don't deserve to live.

What about the victims? They and their families have their own life sentence. No-one seems to care about them, oh lets give the offenders therapy (said in sarcastic tone). ***** them (I like that alter. spelling Eddie) It's about time the Government did more for victims, not the offenders.

**Puts on flame proof suit ready for roasting**
And not forgetting full access to all Sky TV channels, yip the full package, pay per view as well and all the footy channels, and also video and dvd channel as well as ***** about what the scumbags get !!

Dont get me started as the soap box is about to come out !!!!!

Eddie

PS I'll join you in your flame proof suit ready for roasting
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:29 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

My view on paedophiles?

Execute them! I'm not kidding here. Why should I pay via my taxes for scum like that to be in jail and get degrees and stuff (like Myra Hindley did). They are beyond sick. How anyone could hurt a child, let alone rape a 3 month old baby (recently in UK news) is beyond belief. In my view they don't deserve to live.

What about the victims? They and their families have their own life sentence. No-one seems to care about them, oh lets give the offenders therapy (said in sarcastic tone). ***** them (I like that alter. spelling Eddie) It's about time the Government did more for victims, not the offenders.

**Puts on flame proof suit ready for roasting**
Its an unpopular thing to defend (as Ive found out before), but dont forget most paedophles were the victims of abuse themselves, which I imagine is enough to seriously screw up your thinking.

Extremely draconian punishment only makes it unlikely they will seek out therapy, and if only one paedophile can be "rescued" from harming more kids, then thats god knows how many more future victims saved by breaking the cycle of abuse.

Flame away, I dont care. Its an emotive subject and facts dont count for much I realise. By all means throw away the key for those beyond help, but dont give up on all of them.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:31 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
You know, shit happens everywhere. At least he's still alive, unlike the girl killed in a toronto coffee shop in a drive by shooting at Xmas.
I must admit it does happen everywhere and it probably wasn't the best title for the post. I also do agree that it isn't a reason to leave a country but obviously it wasn't my only reason, my reasons are vast and long. I will always be proud of where I came from, where ever I may end up.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

cove61 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't say it's "ok" just that it's usual and that the parents should have been attentive; red flag to a bull and all that.
few years back i made the mistake of going into town when rangers were coming to play aberdeen, i had with my my two kids one was 2 the other 3, we got off the bus just as a group headed up the street on the way to the game, my youngerst had on a red tshirt under her coat (not a football one) just red this well shall i call him a man i dont think he was perhaps animal is the better word, started shouting and swearing and spat on a 2 year old (because he thought she had an aberdeen tshirt on) the police looked on and only when another guy got off the bus and made a comment did they do anything. My dad is english but lived in scotland for over 30 years, he has had no probs, i dont suport england in the world cup but think what happened to that wee lad and guy in aberdeen is sick, but sadly it is just another sign of things sliding in to the gutter here in the uk
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:41 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cove61
few years back i made the mistake of going into town when rangers were coming to play aberdeen, i had with my my two kids one was 2 the other 3, we got off the bus just as a group headed up the street on the way to the game, my youngerst had on a red tshirt under her coat (not a football one) just red this well shall i call him a man i dont think he was perhaps animal is the better word, started shouting and swearing and spat on a 2 year old (because he thought she had an aberdeen tshirt on) the police looked on and only when another guy got off the bus and made a comment did they do anything. My dad is english but lived in scotland for over 30 years, he has had no probs, i dont suport england in the world cup but think what happened to that wee lad and guy in aberdeen is sick, but sadly it is just another sign of things sliding in to the gutter here in the uk
Just more mindless f**k wits wearing a blue shirt and bringing the game and the club into disrepute

Makes me as hell, picking on defenseless children

I bet if it was a guy his own age he wouldn't have done this

Eddie

PS yes I am a Rangers supporter so accept my apologies
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
ah'll flame/roast ye. How would you like to be done medium or rare?
I'd rather not be roasted at all! :scared: I like to cover all angles, just in case I know what I'm like once I get fired up
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:54 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Butch I totally agree with you on this one as well
Rape victims dont ask for it.
Working in a jail that houses serious sex offenders and you see them returned from Peterhead prison because they refused to participate in the STOP programme, as they see they have done nothing wrong, thats the scary part of it

Society does its best to protect woman, but if a sex offender refuses to take part in the STOP programme there is little that can be done to help them, these are the scary ones that see they have done nothing wrong and think it is OK to rape and molest woman and young children

So where do we go with these phuckers !!!!!!!!!!

Who knows mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie
Sex offenders are over here in huge numbers, in higher numbers in fact than my direct counterparts in the UK report in my area. I am not sure why exactly that is, but the definitions of sexual offences are different of course. On a slightly different note, I hate to be pedantic, but there is a DMS IV definition of paedophile. It is a diagnositic term that is used too often to describe an offence or an offender that or whom is not actually paedophilia or a paedophile. To my mind, using the term when the offender is not actually a paedophile, lessens the impact of the offence committed and therefore the treatment of those who are actually the real sicko's.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Its an unpopular thing to defend (as Ive found out before), but dont forget most paedophles were the victims of abuse themselves, which I imagine is enough to seriously screw up your thinking.

Extremely draconian punishment only makes it unlikely they will seek out therapy, and if only one paedophile can be "rescued" from harming more kids, then thats god knows how many more future victims saved by breaking the cycle of abuse.

Flame away, I dont care. Its an emotive subject and facts dont count for much I realise. By all means throw away the key for those beyond help, but dont give up on all of them.
I know it's usually a vicious cycle within the family, I agree with you.

There's talk going on here via the Government about letting peeps know when there's paedophiles living in their neighbourhoods, like in the USA.

I'd want to know about any paedophile in my neighbourhood, not so I could 'burn 'em out' but so I could keep an eye on them. I think if it does happen a lot of peeps here will take the law into their own hands and many paedophiles will then go underground/into hiding, therefore defeating the object of knowing where they are. At least if you know you've got them living in your neighbourhood then you can keep each other, as parents informed. I'd rather they were kept in jail though. They should'nt live in society. I can't see how they can ever be cured, short of surgically removing their nether regions. Ugh, the whole paedaphile thing makes me shudder! **vomit smilie needed**
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Voyager970
MMM

Sounds good mate but we got well and truly bent over the table and shafted with the Human Court of Human Rights

That prick Tony Blair and his inefficient government really phucked this country when he signed up for that

If I hear "you breached my human rights" in the jail again I'll phuckin scream !!!!!

Eddie
Quite Eddie - and what about the "Human rights" of the victims??? Don't seem to matter do they?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:14 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

At least if you know you've got them living in your neighbourhood
I think its safe to say there are probably paedophiles...either active or passive...in every neighbourhood.

I can't see how they can ever be cured
Same way people with other psychological problems can be treated I expect, the problem is how do you know who is "safe" (ie not going to physically do anything) and who should be locked up. If locking people up or executing them was a cure for societies problems, the streets of the USA would be the safest on the planet.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:17 pm
Glasgow Rangers

I know it's usually a vicious cycle within the family, I agree with you.

There's talk going on here via the Government about letting peeps know when there's paedophiles living in their neighbourhoods, like in the USA.

I'd want to know about any paedophile in my neighbourhood, not so I could 'burn 'em out' but so I could keep an eye on them. I think if it does happen a lot of peeps here will take the law into their own hands and many paedophiles will then go underground/into hiding, therefore defeating the object of knowing where they are. At least if you know you've got them living in your neighbourhood then you can keep each other, as parents informed. I'd rather they were kept in jail though. They should'nt live in society. I can't see how they can ever be cured, short of surgically removing their nether regions. Ugh, the whole paedaphile thing makes me shudder! **vomit smilie needed**
Unfortunatley the days of locking them up and throwing the key away are well gone.

I agree with you that if they are exposed in the neighbourhoods then they will be forced underground, then you really wont know where the ***** they are and what they are up to, or about to get up to !!!

We are about to start Home Detention Curfew up here in Scotland ( July )

Basically anyone who is a low category prisoner, sentenced to more than 3 months, but less than four years in prison, will be released early and electronically tagged !!!

MMM what about the tagged prisoner who still managed to murder someoone whilst wearing his tag !!!!!!!!!!

Eddie
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. The sad fact is that they also deserve sympathy as a victim. But what to do with them once they have become the perpetrator? Experts claim they are incurable, so letting them loose in society is not a viable option. Tough one!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:57 pm
Canadian Outlaw

RobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to all

You know, shit happens everywhere. At least he's still alive, unlike the girl killed in a toronto coffee shop in a drive by shooting at Xmas.
Greater Toronto has a population of 4 million plus - but that was still a shocking incident at Xmas and made the National News.

So - here's a welcome to Xmas at my hometown (population 60,000), on the same day:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/4562390.stm

Bet no-one outside West Yorkshire heard much about it.

This incident made the national news though:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/4215276.stm

This country eh?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:09 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Calgal
Agreed. The sad fact is that they also deserve sympathy as a victim. But what to do with them once they have become the perpetrator? Experts claim they are incurable, so letting them loose in society is not a viable option. Tough one!
True paedophiles are incurable in my opinion, but there is a whole school of thought that says that even they are able to be treated through relapse prevention and in some cases, chemical intervention. My biggest issue is the women who seek out these men for relationships. They almost always have kids of their own. I maintain they should be treated alongside the offender.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:12 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by RobinHood
Greater Toronto has a population of 4 million plus - but that was still a shocking incident at Xmas and made the National News.

So - here's a welcome to Xmas at my hometown (population 60,000), on the same day:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/4562390.stm

Bet no-one outside West Yorkshire heard much about it.

This incident made the national news though:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/4215276.stm

This country eh?
Im sure we could all exchange small town news stories, but bad shit happens everywhere. Its not a reason on its own to up sticks and move 3000 miles.

Same shit, shinier bucket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.