Why Canada???

Old Sep 18th 2011, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

lensawyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why Canada???

Out of the whole world why did you chose Canada ??? We are trying to decide where we want to emigrate to we have been looking at oz but I like the idea of Canada although only just started looking into it. What made Canada the place for you and your family I must admit the weather does scare me.. Although that could be due to living in England and the slightest snowflake the whole country goes to pot lol
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:06 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Canada???

Originally Posted by lensawyer
Out of the whole world why did you chose Canada ??? We are trying to decide where we want to emigrate to we have been looking at oz but I like the idea of Canada although only just started looking into it. What made Canada the place for you and your family I must admit the weather does scare me.. Although that could be due to living in England and the slightest snowflake the whole country goes to pot lol
<pulls up a chair and opens some popcorn and beer as he awaits some responses>

Last edited by JamesM; Sep 18th 2011 at 11:12 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:12 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Why not Canada?
<Munches on said popcorn>
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:21 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

It's our home and native land

<Takes a bite on some wings, and washes it down with some timmies>
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

trevorandjo york is an unknown quantity at this point

Because there is some resemblance of Law and Order, unlike england
where if it can be sold for scrap it is knicked!

In Oz they all live on the coast and the sea is full of things that want to sting, bite and or eat you. oh yes, aussies also end every sentence with a high note, bloody annoying....and they have no ozone.

Oh yes, popcorn costs a fortune. And so does everything else!

last but not least, global warming. Put the kettle on and watch the seas rise, flooding all the coastal areas of Oz and canada will become a nice temparate climate. Enough info for you. Hope I don't get banned from this site.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:40 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york
Because there is some resemblance of Law and Order, unlike england
Lead story on the local news tonight:

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/ar...orth-york?bn=1

In answer to the question, Canadian wife and good job opportunity. Now I find I like my job, hate the commute, and have mixed feelings about Toronto.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

You could stay in England and guard your house from people stealing the roof you're sleeping under.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/272002
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:55 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't suggesting there isn't crime in the UK, just that Canada is not immune from it (and particularly that which is gun related). However, I would also note that it never affected me either in the UK or here (apart from having my BBQ nicked in Vancouver).
Old Sep 18th 2011, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

fair play, but it does appear to be accelerating in the UK. I would also suggest that crime is around in australia too. For example, wearing budgie smugglers on the beach.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lensawyer

Because I visited Vancouver, loved it and knew I wanted to move here. It was never a case of: "I want to leave England, where can I run to". The only other place to capture my heart was Norway. I spent time working there while my Canadian PR application was pending. I may have moved there had I not gained Canadian PR.

Research, visit, research some more and don't listen to other people's reasons - it has to be right for you and your family.

Good luck
Old Sep 18th 2011, 11:18 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
I wasn't suggesting there isn't crime in the UK, just that Canada is not immune from it (and particularly that which is gun related). However, I would also note that it never affected me either in the UK or here (apart from having my BBQ nicked in Vancouver).

Its still working nicely but then I take care of it.

To answer the original question, it's not the US.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 11:22 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Its still working nicely but then I take care of it.
I suspect it is getting a little more TLC now you have fallen out with "The Keg".

<Heads to the fridge for another can of Amsterdam Blonde>
Old Sep 18th 2011, 11:43 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I suspect it is getting a little more TLC now you have fallen out with "The Keg".

<Heads to the fridge for another can of Amsterdam Blonde>
It was rather an angry break up I'm afraid. Lots of hurtful accusations were hurled by both parties coupled with misinterpreted actions and that was that. The memory of their scallops wrapped in bacon and their escargots stuffed mushroom caps will no doubt fade in time.

<Looks longingly at the tall can of Warsteiner but closes the fridge empty handed as someone has to pick up HID from the damn airport.>
Old Sep 18th 2011, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Got to ask - How the hell did you manage to fall out with the keg ?
Old Sep 19th 2011, 12:19 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
Got to ask - How the hell did you manage to fall out with the keg ?
Surely more interesting is how the hell the relationship was established in the first place?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.