Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

wht kind of car are u driving in Canada?!

wht kind of car are u driving in Canada?!

Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

melur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wht kind of car are u driving in Canada?!

Originally Posted by fatdoc
hi fellow albertan
i may look for u and husband if i ever get there thanks for the info.
I'm driving BMW, used to be my fiance car, but now, MINE.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

fatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by melur
I'm driving BMW, used to be my fiance car, but now, MINE.

laaaa keee man
Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Checked under the lid of my 06 VW Jetta, says made in Germany!

Originally Posted by dfkd
Every last one is...
Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. We pay $1900 per year for VW Jetta 2.0T and Nissan Altima 3.5. This includes accident forgiveness. I just dont think new immigrants are shopping for insurance as they would in the UK. Its a buyers market....go for it and dont be shy!

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
6 Litre Dodge Ram truck, 4 Litre Jeep Wrangler and 2.5 Litre Subaru Outback - total insurance costs for all 3 vehicles is under $2,000 per year. I can't understand how you guys are being quoted the figures you are being quoted for insurance.....ours is cheap! And ours is fully comprehensive insurance.

We do have a '67 Camaro convertible but it is not on the road as yet as we imported it from the UK and it is still "relaxing" in our shipping container LOL!!
Old Oct 1st 2006, 2:09 pm
Corn Nibbler

cornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ezvanetree
Toyota stopped exporting cars from Japan to North America about 20 years ago and all cars for the local market are made in North America. If you live in the east, you will be buying a Toyota that has been made in Cambridge Ontario, most likely, whereas in the west your Toyota will be made in North Virgina (although I stand to be corrected on this). Hondas are made here too (at least as far as I know). However, the quality of these brands has not been compromised thus far.
We have a Yaris, and it was made in Japan. Though many other Toyotas are made in North America.

You can probably find a list somewhere of which models are made where, if you care enough.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

melur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatdoc
laaaa keee man
and we also have smart car, pick up and nissan quest.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Checked under the lid of my 06 VW Jetta, says made in Germany!
Wikipedia says even the European Jettas are made in Mexico. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vw_jett...0.94present.29

Don't believe what it says under the hood - did you see the Top Gear Mercedes thing? Each has a plate under the hood etched with "Hand built by <insert German employee name here>". They did the calculations and it seemed that each employee was hand building something like 18,000 engines a year. Just not possible
Old Oct 1st 2006, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

We have a Kia Sorento [sic] EX-L, very pleased with it.

I've been trying to buy a far more expensive SUV recently and can't quite bring myself to do it as apart from real wood instead of fake wood, and slightly better quality leather on the seats, there's no difference except the price.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interesting, looks like a trip to the dealership is in order I will investigate further. Even if its true I have to say that having owned BMWs and an Audi in the Uk I would compare the build quality with the Jetta.

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Wikipedia says even the European Jettas are made in Mexico. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vw_jett...0.94present.29

Don't believe what it says under the hood - did you see the Top Gear Mercedes thing? Each has a plate under the hood etched with "Hand built by <insert German employee name here>". They did the calculations and it seemed that each employee was hand building something like 18,000 engines a year. Just not possible
Old Oct 1st 2006, 3:11 pm
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Think about what you would buy in the UK. A Toyota, Honda, VW or Ford???

Most people would buy a Ford or maybe a VW - neither have the reliability of a Jap car, so why would you buy a Jap car in Canada for reliability?

BTW, Honda Civics are made in Canada for the NA market.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Interesting, looks like a trip to the dealership is in order I will investigate further. Even if its true I have to say that having owned BMWs and an Audi in the Uk I would compare the build quality with the Jetta.
It's probably on a part that was legitimately made in Germany, so that they can get away with it. I'd be interested to see what your dealer says too though, I've seen and heard some outrageous claims on adverts here and can't quite get my head around what the rules are for making unsubstantiated claims about products in Canada... but that's another thread
Old Oct 1st 2006, 3:25 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Canada2006
BTW, Honda Civics are made in Canada for the NA market.
Civics are made in Canada mainly for the dickhead boy-racer market.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 5:33 pm
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Civics are made in Canada mainly for the dickhead boy-racer market.
Best selling car in Canada, isn't it? My memory could be wrong here.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

We have a Focus station waggon, very economical!!!!

We also have a ' Go large or go home ' Chevy Avalanche.....we love it, although it's not economical....it's lots of fun!!!

Linda
Old Oct 1st 2006, 9:39 pm
Cowtown

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
6 Litre Dodge Ram truck, 4 Litre Jeep Wrangler and 2.5 Litre Subaru Outback - total insurance costs for all 3 vehicles is under $2,000 per year. I can't understand how you guys are being quoted the figures you are being quoted for insurance.....ours is cheap! And ours is fully comprehensive insurance.

We do have a '67 Camaro convertible but it is not on the road as yet as we imported it from the UK and it is still "relaxing" in our shipping container LOL!!
Didnt you tell us once before that you get farm rates for insurance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.