Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

who has an ELMO?

who has an ELMO?

Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:11 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute
Default who has an ELMO?

i understsant the company has to first register for ELMO then can offer jobs to immigrnats and get ELMO in 5 days - wonderful! but how do we find out who is already allowed to get one?

looking for crane driver **********, vancouver probs.

BTW if you can come up with any EMLO jokes my dh hasnt already tried i'll be impressed
Old Jul 19th 2009, 2:27 am
Just Joined

missb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who has an ELMO?

Hey TJ,

Sorry, can't answer your question but it's one that I would like answered too. I have l been on the Canadian government website and there is a section for labour market information. When I put in my hubby's occupation and province quite a few employers came up in our interested areas.

Question: does this mean that these employers are already registered and it will be easier to obtain an LMO.

Again, any jokes would be appreciated
missb
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:49 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

eeek what did i say that was starred out? didnt swear, didn mention a company. confused...
Old Jul 19th 2009, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

missb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by __TJ__
eeek what did i say that was starred out? didnt swear, didn mention a company. confused...
going to send you a PM
Old Jul 19th 2009, 4:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by __TJ__
No idea, but PM me what you said with spaces in between the letters and I'll tell you what was wrong with it!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 19th 2009 at 4:06 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 6:32 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was a thread about Sesame Street. I'll get my coat.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:56 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure on crane drivers if they can apply for an E-LMO or not, i know thats what we came under when we came as industrial electricians are under the E-LMO which after the company satisfys the requirements they can get the LMO fast tracked..
I dont think that there is a list of companys for anyone, well not for public view
The best advise that i can give anyone is get over and meet and greet companys, as said on other treads employers get hit badly with emailed resume's

Example - Guy here on recci sent loads of emails to advise he was coming on ** date, no reply etc
Came here on recci and wow the employers are so welcome to see him, infact he is impressed on how the employers are with him

So advise to anyone, come over and meet these companys
Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:45 am
finally together...

we plan on calling ahead when we have everything organised for the recce, rather than blanket emailing, but finding out who is "pre app roved" (which is the word i had starred out i think) would make life easier as we wouldnt have to explain what the process was. etc.

makes the needle slightly bigger in a sligthtly smaller haystack
Old Jul 20th 2009, 1:09 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

We asked this question last year, but without getting a full list from everyone on here i dont think they will ever get that list public..........

I know i would not put the employers name on here if i knew who was taking on, like i have said before, an open forum etc

The way we approched employers who showed interest was advise them that we was willing to help with the process, that it is not hard etc
Be upfront about the situation, i know its hard from the otherside of the pond, but these employers here are getting loads of international resume's

Have you also contacted recruitment places
Old Jul 20th 2009, 4:26 pm
finally together...

thanks for that.

dh has a list o companies so ill coach him on the relevant words ( i have done most fo the research on emigration) and hope he can sell it to them over the phone enough to get an interview.