Reload this Page >

who has been to an Exbo?

who has been to an Exbo?

Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

neekie will become famous soon enoughneekie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: who has been to an Exbo?

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
Hi all, we were supposed to be going to Canada Expo on the 28th in London.
We've bought the tickets, then decided to go to NS sooner rather than later on a reccie so we're off on the 24th!!
Can't get the cash back as it stats there are no refunds, not sure anyone else could use the tickets either. Having said that i had to print out my email receipt to use as proof of entry, could anyone else use them?
Not sure. Does it have your name on it? If it does, they probably cant be transferred.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

DebbieK will become famous soon enoughDebbieK will become famous soon enough

Neekie... the PARE test is the fitness test that forms part of the several tests UK Police have to complete in order to get into the Canadian Police Service... it apparently can be a nightmare. You have to run round a big boys obstacle course, do pushing and pulling of weights in a prescribed manner, and then carry a heavy weight for a distance... all at the speed of superman by the sound of it. It is the altitude and humidity - or lack of it that seems to be the killer for us poor brits. Oh and then if you are fortunate enough to pass that you have to undertake a polygraph that one person told me took her hubby five hours, to ensure you have no tendency to mug old ladies, take drugs or generally be a not very good person... it is such fun Bet you wish you hadn't aksed now!!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DebbieK
Neekie... the PARE test is the fitness test that forms part of the several tests UK Police have to complete in order to get into the Canadian Police Service... it apparently can be a nightmare. You have to run round a big boys obstacle course, do pushing and pulling of weights in a prescribed manner, and then carry a heavy weight for a distance... all at the speed of superman by the sound of it. It is the altitude and humidity - or lack of it that seems to be the killer for us poor brits. Oh and then if you are fortunate enough to pass that you have to undertake a polygraph that one person told me took her hubby five hours, to ensure you have no tendency to mug old ladies, take drugs or generally be a not very good person... it is such fun Bet you wish you hadn't aksed now!!
Yes I do!! Blinkin' eck.I'm a fitness instructor so send him down south and I'll beast him for you if you like!!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Our tickets had names on, but you just hand them in, nobody bothers to get ID from you, it was really more so you can just have post sent to you later I think
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Neekie, if you beasted him it might be something that would make him fail the fitness test the way they work!!!!! Only kidding... I am trying to go for the slowly slowly, cut out the crisps and keep up the walking/climbing things... if I push too hard he will just give up totally. We have two dogs (Labrador and Newfoundland) so they help keep him fit usually! Thanks for the offer though.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Anytime hun. I'm getting dizzy now with all this too-ing and fro-ing. Off to feed the hungry kids before they start gnawing at my leg. Good luck with the long journey ahead debbie
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by neekie
We met them too. They are a great couple. Eddie is now test driving cars for the Emigrate Canada paper. My hubby is VERY jealous!! What a job eh!
Hi Guys,

You are right about the testing....it is going to be great driving all of those lovely vehicles!

When you come over, I can take you around the garages and you can have a go!

Cheers Eddie
Attached Thumbnails who has been to an Exbo?-edd-truck-008-small-.jpg  
Old Jun 6th 2008, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

wales is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
Hi all, we were supposed to be going to Canada Expo on the 28th in London.
We've bought the tickets, then decided to go to NS sooner rather than later on a reccie so we're off on the 24th!!
Can't get the cash back as it stats there are no refunds, not sure anyone else could use the tickets either. Having said that i had to print out my email receipt to use as proof of entry, could anyone else use them?
If you can,t use the tickets and they are transferrable, me and the missus are going on the 28th and would be interested, pm me and we could maybe sort something out (if no one else is interested). Would be most greatful.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wallace
Hi Guys,

You are right about the testing....it is going to be great driving all of those lovely vehicles!

When you come over, I can take you around the garages and you can have a go!

Cheers Eddie
Paul is jumping up and down like a little boy at christmas! You've made his day!!
Old Jun 7th 2008, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by neekie
Paul is jumping up and down like a little boy at christmas! You've made his day!!
You are most welcome. I use several local main dealerships around Okotoks and High River and this is where I will be going to test drive the various vehicles. I will be testing cars, vans (people carriers), SUV's (sports utility vehicles) and trucks. Hopefully it will give people some idea of what is available in Canada. Obviously the purchasing of the right house is extremely important, but so is getting the right vehicle(s) for your needs.

When you eventually read the article, let me know what you think?

Take care, Eddie.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wallace
You are most welcome. I use several local main dealerships around Okotoks and High River and this is where I will be going to test drive the various vehicles. I will be testing cars, vans (people carriers), SUV's (sports utility vehicles) and trucks. Hopefully it will give people some idea of what is available in Canada. Obviously the purchasing of the right house is extremely important, but so is getting the right vehicle(s) for your needs.

When you eventually read the article, let me know what you think?

Take care, Eddie.
Thanks Eddie. You're a star
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Just to let you know that we will be at the Emigration Shows at Liverpool and Coventry in Oct. We will have complimentary tickets available nearer to the date.

Take care, Eddie & Julie