Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where's the Miracle Whip?

Wikiposts

Where's the Miracle Whip?

Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Dowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really nice
Default Where's the Miracle Whip?

Tired of complaints about Canada

Comments like - Canada has no Marmite, or the wine is expensive or even that their cheese is not up to scratch. And where's the Polo mints?
No doubt these comments are being verbalised to Canadians in public as well. Which only serves to give the rest of us a bad reputation as whingers!

Any time I'm back in England, I don't dwell on the fact that the cars and houses are small. That the service is lousy or that drinking seems to be the only past-time people are interested in! Or that there's no Miracle Whip.
I shut my mouth and enjoy that fact that I get to see friends and family - that there is a great country called England that I can travel too and enjoy!

Maybe a little more of that attitude needs to infect the moaners who slag of Canada for the seemingly most trivial reasons. Try to remember that those of us who have fallen in love with this wonderfull country tend to get lumped in with those who do the whinging!
Old Dec 26th 2009, 7:12 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where's the Miracle Whip?

Originally Posted by Dowski
...those of us who have fallen in love with this wonderfull country tend to get lumped in with those who do the whinging!
Do we? Don't we have our own personalities and ability to stand apart from the whiners?
Old Dec 26th 2009, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
Do we? Don't we have our own personalities and ability to stand apart from the whiners?
No !

I apply my whinges and moans with fairness and equality

I see good and bad in both places and highlight them regularly - and whether anyone wants to hear it or not. 'Tis the only way to do it.

Driving, parking, weather, foodstuffs, dry skin, wet lawns - it's all there for the picking.

This could be a new rule for the forum though - we could do a trial run.

If you wish to put a positive or a negative slant on any aspect of one country or the other, you must balance this with an equally positive or negative comment on the other.

Nah - I don't think that will work either
Old Dec 26th 2009, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Comments like - Canada has no Marmite, or the wine is expensive or even that their cheese is not up to scratch. And where's the Polo mints?
No doubt these comments are being verbalised to Canadians in public as well. Which only serves to give the rest of us a bad reputation as whingers!

Any time I'm back in England, I don't dwell on the fact that the cars and houses are small. That the service is lousy or that drinking seems to be the only past-time people are interested in! Or that there's no Miracle Whip.
I shut my mouth and enjoy that fact that I get to see friends and family - that there is a great country called England that I can travel too and enjoy!

Maybe a little more of that attitude needs to infect the moaners who slag of Canada for the seemingly most trivial reasons. Try to remember that those of us who have fallen in love with this wonderfull country tend to get lumped in with those who do the whinging!
Sighs....

I get a little tired of people moaning and whinging on about people moaning and whinging on about what they don't like about Canada.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 12:21 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly empathize with your point of view and I'm sorry if the 'incessant whining' causes friction between us and the locals, but on the other hand if they were a bit more tolerant, that wouldn't happen. Anyway, I take every opportunity to moan and whinge like mad to Cradles, about the lack of certain food items, their crap tv or no decent Indian restaurants, maybe that way the message might get through and in the long run helps us all out to make Canada much more tolerable place.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 12:28 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

What about the tea bags?
Old Dec 26th 2009, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Dowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really niceDowski is just really nice

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Sighs....

I get a little tired of people moaning and whinging on about people moaning and whinging on about what they don't like about Canada.
Love it
Old Dec 26th 2009, 1:30 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Love it
.... or leave it.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

good grief.... if someone tried to explain how crap TV is over here, i'd have never believed them.

thank god there is more to canada than television, which is why i moved here. shame the same cannot be said of the UK, but then that is one of the reasons for why i left there.

damn it, i see logic in my madness!!!
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

What's Miracle Whip?
Old Dec 27th 2009, 2:24 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pebblebeach
What's Miracle Whip?
It's similar to Mayonnaise.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 2:52 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
It's similar to Mayonnaise.
with mega sugar and chemicals
Old Dec 27th 2009, 3:41 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

As something that seems to regularly feature on the 'What's rubbish about Canada ' threads. Does anyone know why Canadian cheese is so rubbish and expensive?
Old Dec 27th 2009, 3:59 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pincher
As something that seems to regularly feature on the 'What's rubbish about Canada ' threads. Does anyone know why Canadian cheese is so rubbish and expensive?
Some cheese here is good, some is poor. Some is inexpensive, some is dear.

If you're buying rubbish and expensive cheese, choose more carefully. It's not rocket science.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 4:01 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know why Canadian cheese is so rubbish and expensive?

It is my understanding that it's expensive because many years ago protectionism of the Quebec dairy industry was introduced.
There are many good Canadian cheeses, particularly from Quebec and better cheeses are introduced each year. There are a number of specialty cheese shops in the GTA and I imagine the same applies in the other larger cities. Remember the UK, France, Italy, etc, were making cheeses long before Canada was even discovered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.