Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where are you from

Where are you from

Old Mar 8th 2005, 11:12 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of
Default Where are you from

Since joining this excellent forum and finding it the most excellent resource for information about moving to Canada I have forgotten that it was part of the British Expat site. This is largly because of the people that come hear and exchange information. I guess my brain accepts it as a moving to Canada forum and I havnt read the title of the site for over a year and a half. This was bought to my attention in the post "saying goodbye and Hello" when it took me a few minutes to realise why some-one jokingly said they should duck and run because ther were not from the UK.

I personnaly think that the combination of everyone sharing thier experiences is what makes the site, and certainly gives everyone a good understanding of a multitude of issues that me may face when settling regardless of where we come from.

so what is my point for all this waffle (apart from something to do between checking e-client that is). -- maybe that should be my question - what is the point of this waffle - lol.

seriously - I just thought it would be good for people to say where they moved from or are moving from so we can all get an idea of the geographical spread of knowledge we are using, and also I would be interested if people from other countries know of similar sites, aimed at their country,that readers may also be interested in looking at.

Of course if no-one is interested in this thread it does at least give me one more post towards my next star. (Be warned the final stages may have a sever impact on your mental stability. You may find that you do anything anywhere to advance to the next stage of almost anything - except e-client that is)
Old Mar 8th 2005, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice
Default Re: Where are you from

I think there was one not so long back, but here goes.

Bradford, West Yorkshire -> Glympton, Oxfordshire -> Back to Bradford -> Bridlington, East Yorkshire -> Barnard Castle, County Durham -> Mississauga, Ontario -> Cambridge, Ontario and soon to be back in Barnard Castle.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 12:35 pm
Banned

Sharmagirl will become famous soon enoughSharmagirl will become famous soon enough

Doncaster S. Yorks -> Edmonton Alberta -> Ryley Alberta -> Bradford Ontario -> Richmond Hill Ontario -> Bradford Ontario -> Keswick Ontario -> Aurora Ontario -> Hamilton Ontario -> Doncaster S.Yorks

And maybe I will move again, but right now I am in Sunny Doncaster!!

SharmaGirl
Old Mar 8th 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Surrey - Port Talbot - Leeds - Selby - Edmonton (very soon )

Yes, there is another post just like this!!!
Linda
Old Mar 8th 2005, 12:40 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

OK ............I'll play....... Banbury, Oxfordshire .... St Petersburg, Florida ......... Biloxi, Mississippi ....... Silverstone, Northants .......Poole, Dorset ......... and then hopefully Calgary late 2005/early 2006.... Jen
Old Mar 8th 2005, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Newcastle upon Tyne UK..... Benfleet Essex UK........Toronto Ontario
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:12 pm
Mad Bint

Platty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to all

Are you ready for this?

Hammersmith, London - Southall, Middlesex - Bilston, Wolverhampton - Enfield, Middlesex - Bramley, Hampshire - Basingstoke, Hampshire - Southampton, Hampshire... next stop (Hopefully) Burlington/Toronto Ontario
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:18 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Germany,..........Ill. USA,.........., Germany,..........London, UK,............Aachen, Germany,...............Bruxelles, Belgium,...............Hannover, Germany............Collogne, Germany,...............Markham, Ontario,...............Dallas (Plano), TX,............Zurich, Switzerland,........................E-client, the www.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:43 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

ok...

Leeds, W Yorks, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, Gloucester, Middlesbrough, Leeds, Bristol, Leeds, Bloomsbury London, Surbiton Surrey, Shepherds Bush London, East Dulwich London, Leeds, Burlington Ontario, Oakville Ontario.....

Phew!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

newapojim is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sarah Farrand
ok...

Leeds, W Yorks, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, Gloucester, Middlesbrough, Leeds, Bristol, Leeds, Bloomsbury London, Surbiton Surrey, Shepherds Bush London, East Dulwich London, Leeds, Burlington Ontario, Oakville Ontario.....

Phew!
Here's mine...

Dartford Kent > Rainham Kent > Bexhill-on-Sea East Sussex > Orpington Kent > Gravesend Kent > Stone Kent > Camberley Surrey > Thunder Bay, Ontario from October 2005 (hopefully!)
Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:00 pm
John Thom Don

Hi,

Barnsley, South Yorks > Leeds, West Yorks > Toronto, Ontario in July

Fingers crossed!

John

Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:06 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Doncaster -> Stamford (Lincs) -> Lancaster -> Stevenage -> Cambridge -> Chatteris -> Calgary (Hopefully in 2007)
Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

stephenbottcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Me 2 ...

Flensburg, Germany -> Kiel, Germany -> Karlsruhe, Germany -> Freiburg, Germany -> Hamburg, Germany -> Schwetzingen, Germany -> Dueseldorf, Germany ->and more in Germany -> Portsmouth, UK -> Cambridge, Ontario
Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:25 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Started out in the bush in Swaziland >>> a year as an exchange student in Cincinnati, Ohio >>> Mbabane, Swaziland >>> Johannesburg, South Africa >>> Kleinzee (remote diamond mine in SA) >>> Orkney (gold mining town in SA) >>> Kleinzee again >>> Calgary, Canada >>> Houston, Texas >>> Melbourne, Australia >>> Calgary again.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really nice

Glasgow, Saxilby - Lincolnshire, Krefeld - Germany, Burra Isle - Shetland, Larkhall - Scotland, Ayr - Scotland, Selkirk - Scotland, Glasgow, Portsmouth, Peckham - London, Kuwait, Oxford, Slough, Reading, London Ontario. Have a feeling the journey hasn't stopped yet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.