Reload this Page >

Where to vacation from Canada?

Where to vacation from Canada?

Old Oct 15th 2013, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

MrsL22 is on a distinguished road
Default Where to vacation from Canada?

Hello all,

Sometimes the thing I miss about UK is having Europe right on your doorstep. The cheap flights, or even the tunnel/ferry to France.

Where do you go from Canada? My OH and I are looking for vacation spots (US mainly) that won't cost the earth, as we are about to so the mortgage thing.

We've previously done The Caribbean/Mexico/Cuba but these holidays are going to be on hold for a while now
Old Oct 15th 2013, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to vacation from Canada?

Do you prefer to fly or drive and at what time of year will you go?
Just off the top of my head
Chicago, Minneapolis, Denver, Mount Rushmore and the South Dakota badlands, Wisconsin Dells, Yellowstone, Glacier National Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, Beartooth Pass.
You will be surprised how much there is to see and do in the Northern states as opposed to the Floridas, Californias etc etc.

More info needed on what type of vacation you are looking for. Dont overlook Canada either.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

To be honest, anytime of year.
We can fly or drive (Whatever helps the budget)
4-5 days ideal.

We have done vacationing in Canada but haven't been over to PEI or NS. But flights always seem expensive from Winnipeg
Old Oct 15th 2013, 1:22 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Tennessee ?
Old Oct 15th 2013, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite part of the US is Oregon Love Portland and the coast! Depends what you want though, some would say Vegas...
Old Oct 15th 2013, 2:57 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adele
My favourite part of the US is Oregon Love Portland and the coast! Depends what you want though, some would say Vegas...

Old Oct 15th 2013, 3:01 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Sedona: http://www.visitsedona.com/

Pensacola: http://www.visitpensacola.com/

Rye: http://ryebeachinfo.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Tourism-g4...Vacations.html
Old Oct 15th 2013, 3:12 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Washington DC, once it's opened. Most of the sights have no entrance fees and there's loads to see. There are some nice neighbourhoods, Adam's Morgan, Dupont Circle, Georgetown and Alexandra are nice to wander around and the wider city has surprisingly good restaurants. Don't go in January/February or July/August though.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 3:31 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Chicago
Old Oct 15th 2013, 4:09 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Washington DC, once it's opened. Most of the sights have no entrance fees and there's loads to see. There are some nice neighbourhoods, Adam's Morgan, Dupont Circle, Georgetown and Alexandra are nice to wander around and the wider city has surprisingly good restaurants. Don't go in January/February or July/August though.
I agree totally with Oink. Washington is a really interesting City and for only 4 or 5 days there's loads to see and do. Not sure how much flights are these days but the range of accommodation available should make it affordable.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 4:20 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
I agree totally with Oink. Washington is a really interesting City and for only 4 or 5 days there's loads to see and do. Not sure how much flights are these days but the range of accommodation available should make it affordable.
You can fly into right near the city and take the Metro to your hotel. Then between the Metro and cabs (get a map of the cab zones and make sure you know the correct price) you'll save on the need and hassle of a rental car.

Plus, you can check to see if there are any special exhibits, lectures or shows on while you're there. They'll be free but you may well need to get a ticket before hand.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

Looks like I'll be planning the next trip to Washington, DC!

I've looked at flights and they are way cheaper if we cross the border into US by car and then fly. Shouldn't be a problem no?
Old Oct 15th 2013, 5:29 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsL22
Looks like I'll be planning the next trip to Washington, DC!

I've looked at flights and they are way cheaper if we cross the border into US by car and then fly. Shouldn't be a problem no?
If you can get to a US airport easily, why not? The Aeronautical Museum is well worth a visit. Although it's closed at the moment due to some spat over budgets and stuff. Unless you're planning to go imminently it shouldn't be a problem. As I think Oink said - pretty chilly in Jan Feb and even March. Avoid Spring Break - kids everywhere! May would probably be lovely. Or what about Christmas Shopping?
Old Oct 15th 2013, 5:30 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Bear in mind that I'm a few miles away from you the majority of you.....everyone here seems to go to Cuba. A decent couple who I recently met are off there at the end of this week for a week and are paying $1,400 for the two of them in an all inclusive hotel via Sun Wing. I've never done an al inclusive holiday, as it was never necessary with Europe at my feet, but I am certainly considering it now.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 5:32 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by MillieF
Bear in mind that I'm a few miles away from you the majority of you.....everyone here seems to go to Cuba. A decent couple who I recently met are off there at the end of this week for a week and are paying $1,400 for the two of them in an all inclusive hotel via Sun Wing. I've never done an al inclusive holiday, as it was never necessary with Europe at my feet, but I am certainly considering it now.
Come on Millie, if you're in need of an island escape, you have PEI at your feet now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.