willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: where should we live??

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Cucumber sandwiches? :scared:

They should be banned.
Along with yorkshire pudding!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:38 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mutters
Probably should have mentioned, we need to be able to commute to either: Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton or Kelowna (Sinead needs to work in a cancer centre and I'm hoping to work from an airport)
If that is the case, I am not aware of a place in Canada that would be able to give you everything on your wish list.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:43 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Vancouver and especially Victoria are warm and quite dry during the summer. I have yet to see a summer in Victoria where the lawns weren't burned brown unless watered.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mutters
Thanks for that. Okanagan sounds terrible.
Probably should have mentioned, we need to be able to commute to either:
Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton or Kelowna (Sinead needs to work in a cancer centre and I'm hoping to work from an airport)

How long deos it take to get from Okanagan to Vancouver?

Thanks, Neil
Hi Neil

Just to add that Kelowna has an international airport & also is the location for the Southern Interior Cancer Centre.

Cheers

Oggy
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:19 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Along with yorkshire pudding!
And Marine Biologists from Victoria, eh???
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:34 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
Hi Neil

Just to add that Kelowna has an international airport & also is the location for the Southern Interior Cancer Centre.

Cheers

Oggy
Kelowna may be called an international airport as it does have customs facilities there but you'd have difficulty getting a direct flight to anywhere other than a Canadian destination.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:40 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Vancouver and especially Victoria are warm and quite dry during the summer. I have yet to see a summer in Victoria where the lawns weren't burned brown unless watered.
True. I think summers in Victoria can not be beat - warm, never stiffling hot, no humidy, no mosquitos, always cools off at night, no rain, etc... but the irritating hoards of ice cream cone fellating tourists, the wrist-slitingly depressing winters and the vacuous development of the place over the last 10 years is a dear price to pay.

... oh then, there's also my fambly!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
And Marine Biologists from Victoria, eh???
Only in the dark recesses of your little mind BC!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:09 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Only in the dark recesses of your little mind BC!
Well dont pick on me Nan's Yarksha Pud then.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well dont pick on me Nan's Yarksha Pud then.

My apologies to Nan. My irish grannie tried for years to get me to like it, and I just cant get my head around it!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:11 pm
Banned

My apologies to Nan. My irish grannie tried for years to get me to like it, and I just cant get my head around it!

OH that explains it the irish never could make decent yorkshires
hehe
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OH that explains it the irish never could make decent yorkshires
hehe
PMSL - but they make the best shortbread (all that butter!)
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:20 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Kelowna may be called an international airport as it does have customs facilities there but you'd have difficulty getting a direct flight to anywhere other than a Canadian destination.
IIRC you can get flights to Seattle from Kelowna International.

Yes, apparently Horizon Air flies direct Seattle/Kelowna.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Jan 2nd 2007 at 10:32 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
True you won't be able to catch a flight to the UK.... but last time I checked, Mexico & the United States were international. *prepares all sorts of stick out tongues & rolling of eyes* *chuckles*
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:35 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
True. I think summers in Victoria can not be beat - warm, never stiffling hot, no humidy, no mosquitos, always cools off at night, no rain, etc... but the irritating hoards of ice cream cone fellating tourists, the wrist-slitingly depressing winters and the vacuous development of the place over the last 10 years is a dear price to pay.

I have to agree.... Victoria's summers can't be beat, and I would put its summer climate up against anywhere in the world.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Jan 2nd 2007 at 10:39 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.