Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where in Nova Scotia

Where in Nova Scotia

Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:47 am
Nova Scotia

aid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really nice
Default Re: Where in Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Well I know I have to get the truck serviced in March/April and a couple of months ago the local police had road blocks and was checking all vehicles window stamp was up to date.
Thanks so is your stamp in the screen like a mot test if so where do you get it done who does it
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aid1970
Thanks so is your stamp in the screen like a mot test if so where do you get it done who does it
That is something we have to look at a bit nearer the time but know where we bought it from does them and may go to them the first year. Found these which may offer some info

http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/popular/n...Vehicle_QA.pdf
http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/popular/n...egulations.pdf
service nova scotia
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:49 pm
Nova Scotia

aid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
That is something we have to look at a bit nearer the time but know where we bought it from does them and may go to them the first year. Found these which may offer some info

http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/popular/n...Vehicle_QA.pdf
http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/popular/n...egulations.pdf
service nova scotia
Thanks again Silverdragon102. Do most people get there car serviced every year and is there enough service stations about or do you need more ??Everybodys help will be great

Last edited by aid1970; Oct 20th 2008 at 7:54 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again Silverdragon102. Do most people get there car serviced every year and is there enough service stations about or do you need more ??Everybodys help will be great
Can't answer that as I have only been here since end of March. I live in Cumberland near NB and although I have seen a few car dealers haven't seen many places to service cars. Next year will be our first time so a learning curve. I know police do do checks and I should image vehicles will be removed off the road if they are not up to date. I guess with the different weather elements police are trying to keep the roads as safe as they can
Old Oct 21st 2008, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice
Smile Re: Where in Nova Scotia

That is a little bit of how londs a piece of string Question. My Wife car is serviced every 3 month/5000km but that is a stipulation of the warranty not my choice. Will be done yearly. Everybody drive a car in NS including children over 16 so there are plenty of cars but nothing like the number in Uk. i would post a question on here asking if there are an auto mechanics who work in NS and ask them about workload.

Winston
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:35 am
Life is great!!

LISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant future

[:
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:38 am
Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by Winston Green
That is a little bit of how londs a piece of string Question. My Wife car is serviced every 3 month/5000km but that is a stipulation of the warranty not my choice. Will be done yearly. Everybody drive a car in NS including children over 16 so there are plenty of cars but nothing like the number in Uk. i would post a question on here asking if there are an auto mechanics who work in NS and ask them about workload.

Winston
Thanks Winston Green. "i blame you for all the questions as i love the place you told me about and would love to be there"Do you have to get your car serviced at the place where you brought it or is it like the uk where they tell you this but its not true
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:46 am
Nova Scotia

So how often do you get your cars serviced/checked and what price do you pay i know it depends on the car but a rough guide would be great also do you look after the bodywork/paintwork ie pay yourself or insurance claim??

just trying to get a feel if i am needed or not
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:50 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

So how often do you get your cars serviced/checked and what price do you pay i know it depends on the car but a rough guide would be great also do you look after the bodywork/paintwork ie pay yourself or insurance claim??

Scheduled maintenance for my vehicles is every 5,000kms, so around every 3 months. A basic oil/filter change is between $50 and $70 depending on the vehicle (car or truck). A drive-through lube place does it in 10 minutes and does a x-point check over the rest of the car.

My farm equipment needs maintenance every 50 or 100hrs. I do that myself.

A claim for body/paintwork, whether through the insurer or out of my own pocket would depend on the extent and cost of the damage.

There are a couple of mobile mechanics in town here that seem to do reasonable business, visiting peoples places of work or home.

Last edited by R I C H; Oct 23rd 2008 at 9:57 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:00 am
Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by R I C H
Scheduled maintenance for my vehicles is every 5,000kms, so around every 3 months. A basic oil/filter change is between $50 and $70 depending on the vehicle (car or truck). A drive-through lube place does it in 10 minutes and does a x-point check over the rest of the car.

My farm equipment needs maintenance every 50 or 100hrs. I do that myself.

A claim for body/paintwork, whether through the insurer or out of my own pocket would depend on the extent and cost of the damage.
Thanks for that RICH i have read your post's about setting up your business and hope all is well thinking of doing the same myself but not on as big a scale and may have to get a job until i get PR and hope the OH can cope with the business on her open work permit seams a long winded way to do it but the only way
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:16 am
Nova Scotia

[QUOTE=R I C H;6904254]Scheduled maintenance for my vehicles is every 5,000kms, so around every 3 months. A basic oil/filter change is between $50 and $70 depending on the vehicle (car or truck). A drive-through lube place does it in 10 minutes and does a x-point check over the rest of the car.

Is that the norm for most vehicles due to the weather conditions
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:18 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the norm for most vehicles due to the weather conditions
Yes, those service intervals are common on many vehicles.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=R I C H;6904254] A basic oil/filter change is between $50 and $70 depending on the vehicle (car or truck). QUOTE]

Must be cheaper over here. Just been quoted $35 for oil/filter change on my ford focus.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Preparation for winter is big business this time of year. Most people have their cars "rust-proofed" annually.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:35 pm
Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Preparation for winter is big business this time of year. Most people have their cars "rust-proofed" annually.
Thanks guys keep it coming looks like i might be needed after all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.