Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where are my P.R cards

Where are my P.R cards

Old Aug 28th 2009, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Scotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really nice
Default Where are my P.R cards

Hello we landed on the 27th of may at Halifax. We were given a form to fill in and then fax it to the p.r card centre. We have an address in canada to have them sent It is now the 28th of August and still no p.r cards. We are planning on making the move at the end of september. . Is there a number i can call to see what the hold up is

Cheers guys
Old Aug 28th 2009, 3:37 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are my P.R cards

Originally Posted by Scotty boy
Hello we landed on the 27th of may at Halifax. We were given a form to fill in and then fax it to the p.r card centre. We have an address in canada to have them sent It is now the 28th of August and still no p.r cards. We are planning on making the move at the end of september. . Is there a number i can call to see what the hold up is

Cheers guys
If you can't find a phone number, what about faxing a letter off to them chasing them up?
Old Aug 28th 2009, 4:29 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are my P.R cards

I landed at the CIC office in Missisauga on 27th July and I have not got my PR card in the mail, I'm not overly worried as I was told that my card would be mailed to me within four to six weeks, so I'll contact CIC if I've not seen it in another two weeks.

I'm not sure exactly whom you should call. My first thought would be Canadian High Commission in London. I've looked on their contact page for immigration but it does not list a phone number. You could try contacting the CIC on 001 888 242 2100, however, I'm not sure if you can call that from outside of Canada, and the site does specify it's for In Canada use only.

This might be worth reading and may be of use too.

I'm not sure if it's relevant or not, but looking at this seems to indicated that issuing an initial PR card, and I'd guess that's us, is taking 81 days. I'm not sure wether, as we've landed we're considered newly arriving residents or not, if we are, it does state 30 days, but one does need to factor in postal delays too, so I'd say at the minimum 36 days to be safe.

Last edited by sharkus; Aug 28th 2009 at 4:43 pm.