Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Canada

Where to live in Canada

Old Oct 13th 2020, 10:07 pm

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Canada

Originally Posted by DMajor View Post
You get bikers in Port Dover most weekends when the weather is good, not just on Friday 13th.
I was there a couple of weeks ago and even with the beach closed there was around 200-250
Not sure what the attraction is, they just seem to hang around Tim Horton's parking lot
You get tourists (like me) every week during the good weather, not just bikers.. it's a bit like a 'seaside town' of old on a small scale, lol... it's a very popular place
Many 'bikers' belong to touring groups and like to get out when they can, PD is one of the places to break the journey - or to pootle off in little groups, down to the water and for dinner at The Beach House - or a stop along the way going to Turkey Point and one of the bars along the waterfront there

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 13th 2020 at 10:09 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Canada

Jsmith ..

re your tag line ...

It takes more than eating pasta and saving pennies to buy a house in Vancouver.
Don't laugh at the comment I made about us saving pennies and eating a lot of spaghetti back then.

OH still empties his pockets every night of all coins ............ nickels, dimes, loonies and toonies (plus pennies once upon a time). Then he deposits them in a bank account every now and again.

He saves between $2,000 and $4,000 EVERY year doing that ........ and that includes both of us raiding the stack if we need to have coins of any denomination for some reason.