Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Calgary area?

Where to live in Calgary area?

Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:29 am
Just Joined

marcus j is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live in Calgary area?

Hi all, we have now been in Canada for three months renting in NW area. Now need to decide where to settle for the long term. Have two children, 11 &13 so schools a consideration. Like NW and considering Cochrane. Want to get it right as not keen to move again any time soon. Seems as much stress deciding as coming here in first place! Any advice?
Old Apr 12th 2011, 6:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where oh where

Hi there. I will move your thread to the main Canada forum (the Canniversary section is only for updates on your life in Canada, and not really the place to ask questions), and also change the title so people with relevant knowledge will be more likely to respond.

Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:13 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Calgary area?

Originally Posted by marcus j
Hi all, we have now been in Canada for three months renting in NW area. Now need to decide where to settle for the long term. Have two children, 11 &13 so schools a consideration. Like NW and considering Cochrane. Want to get it right as not keen to move again any time soon. Seems as much stress deciding as coming here in first place! Any advice?
Hello Marcus J. I see you are considering Cochrane. We've been in Cochrane for about two and a half years now and love it. My children are not quite as old as yours (my eldest will be 10 this year) but we've been really pleased with the local schools and have heard positive things about the local middle and high schools too. Don't hesitate to PM me if you want to have a "chat" about Cochrane or if there's anything else I can help you with or answer. All the best with your decision making.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Calgary area?

Where do you work? Are you commuting in normal hours etc?

What sort of things do you like to do?