Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

? where to go for March Break

? where to go for March Break

Old Feb 13th 2006, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Gail will become famous soon enoughGail will become famous soon enough
Default ? where to go for March Break

Do any of you have any ideas where we can go for a few days during March Break (leaving friday and returning tuesday). I was thinking of Montreal, but after looking at the guide books am not sure if there will be much going on at that time of year.

We have daughters aged 13 and 10, they can ski but we can't and the skiing breaks seem to be rather expensive. We have been to Kingston and Ottawa before so would like somewhere different.

We have also been to Niagara and surrounding areas but never further west, my husband suggested London but we don't really know if there is anything there!!

Suggestions within a 6-hour drive from Toronto will be greatly appreciated - we don't get much time off as a family so would like to make the most of it.

Thanks very much
Gail
Old Feb 13th 2006, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

skigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant future
Default Re: ? where to go for March Break

How about Blue Mountain as a base?
As well as skiing there is tubing and other snowy things to do and some great countryside which is particularly pretty just now?

Originally Posted by Gail
Do any of you have any ideas where we can go for a few days during March Break (leaving friday and returning tuesday). I was thinking of Montreal, but after looking at the guide books am not sure if there will be much going on at that time of year.

We have daughters aged 13 and 10, they can ski but we can't and the skiing breaks seem to be rather expensive. We have been to Kingston and Ottawa before so would like somewhere different.

We have also been to Niagara and surrounding areas but never further west, my husband suggested London but we don't really know if there is anything there!!

Suggestions within a 6-hour drive from Toronto will be greatly appreciated - we don't get much time off as a family so would like to make the most of it.

Thanks very much
Gail
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Gail will become famous soon enoughGail will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ? where to go for March Break

Originally Posted by skigordi
How about Blue Mountain as a base?
As well as skiing there is tubing and other snowy things to do and some great countryside which is particularly pretty just now?

Thanks very much for the suggestion. We are going to Blue Mountain for 2 nights - it's pretty expensive so will do stuff in Toronto at the beginning of March Break. Me and hubby are going to have a ski lesson, which should be interesting!! They are also opening an indoor water park at the beginning of March so hoping that the girls well enjoy that too.